Illuria [4.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Illuria [4.0] is submitted for review.

Postby ezras » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 am

New map: Illuria [4.0] by ezras.
Map editor link: Illuria [4.0]

ezras

Re: Illuria [4.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Moonknight » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:34 pm

The starting spots need to be fixed for team play.

For 4v4, Green and White need to be on the same team, otherwise, White is at a huge disadvantage (unless they get lucky, and then Green is at a huge disadvantage).
Moonknight

Postby KGB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 pm

The real problem is the White start spot should be moved. I *know* that it's meant to be a re-creation of Warlords I (this map needed to be 150x wide as original map was 160x120), but Warlords I compensated start spots by specialized limited production and turn order (White always went 1st). That concept doesn't exist in Warbarons and so this map and Hadesha while faithful recreations are horribly unsuitable for games with more than 4 players (Blue/Black/Red/Yellow).

If the White start spot was moved to Lynvar (city in the mountains directly above the current start spot) this map would be a lot more playable.

KGB

P.S. There is also the problem that there are 5 bless temples instead of 4 (the island one by the Storm Giants was a sage not a bless so could now be replaced by a UL temple) and they are in the wrong spot (the one in the far right corner off the map was actually at the end of the N/S river and if moved there and given a port next to it would be useful for the White player once his start spot moved). An update could now also put in the towers that existed on the Warlords I map as well.
KGB

Postby tabanli » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:31 pm

At turn one I can always tell who is Orange and Black. They are the ones with 3 cities.
tabanli

Postby Moonknight » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Team starting spots still need to have fixed options. Had a 2v2 in which it was Yellow and White starting spots versus green and black.

Not a fun game to say the least.
Moonknight

Postby Moonknight » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Team starting spots still need to have fixed options. Had a 2v2 in which it was Yellow and White starting spots versus green and black.

Not a fun game to say the least.
Moonknight

Return to Map feedback