Battle Field [13.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Re: Battle Field [13.0] is submitted for review.

Postby smursh » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:43 am

This map has always given big advantage to the player/team that takes center ruins first due to artifact piles. I'd rather see bigger defenders and set big gold reward(5K) or bigger allies in the lvl-3 ruins than weak defenders. Increase the difficulty of gaining an advantage but also increasing the advantage you gain.
smursh

Postby KGB » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:13 am

Not much point in putting large gold rewards in those central ruins. This is not a gold poor map so usually players have large incomes so 5K isn't going to matter near as much as an artifact. Plus you can pillage the central cities for even more gold.

I do agree about having about better defenders + possible ally rewards now that we have more heroes with better search capabilities than we did when this map was first released.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:33 am

Do you mean undead defenders to force a searching hero to save up more UL points?

I thought about 2 things on central ruins. To make lesser items on them, or to make stronger defenders with ambush ability to make more difficult to conquer them.
But I don't know will the new map be a ladder one since Piranha and Snotling don't put much attention here. I suppose that the new map will be non-ladder one and will beat out the previous one, thus there will be no one ladder version of the map.
Igor

Postby Versace » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Versace

Previous

Return to Map feedback