Beleriand 30 [1.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Beleriand 30 [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Celeb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:56 am

New map: Beleriand 30 [1.0] by Celeb.
Map editor link: Beleriand 30 [1.0]

Celeb

Postby Valor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:55 am

Valor

Re: Beleriand 30 [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby daedalos » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:51 am

Dear Celeb,

We just completed a 4 player FFA test game on Beleriand and I would like to provide some feedback.
In general this seems to be a nice setup for a 4 player FFA. The distances of the starting cities and the distribution of neutral cities seem to be reasonably balanced.
The blue position at Himring might be a bit too strong because of the concentration of neutral cities in the vicinity. You could balance this a bit my adding a few more roads for the other players for faster early game expansion.

One major point: We all felt that the map needs more river crossings of any kind (bridges, fords, harbours) and the east-west ridge in the middle of the map and the mountain range in the northwest need some passes, too. Otherwise, with the distances between cities being rather long, any attacking army becomes confined to one route and can be easily intercepted.

A few minor points:
1) Maybe Angband should be reachable through mountains instead of lava. It's nice like it is for flavour but it seems very unrealistic that someone buys elementals just to take the city.
2) I would remove one of the L3 ruins near Angband and create 1-2 more L3 ruins elsewhere on the map to balance it out. You might consider upgrading existing ruins.

Thanks for making the map!
Cheers,
daedalos
daedalos

Return to Map feedback