volcanoes [9.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

volcanoes [9.0] is submitted for review.

Postby smursh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:00 pm

New map: volcanoes [9.0] by smursh.
Map editor link: volcanoes [9.0]

smursh

Re: volcanoes [9.0] is submitted for review.

Postby KGB » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Smursh,

A few things:

1) I love the fact you embedded a :-) in each of the 8 starting areas. A nice touch!
2) When your ruins respawn if they end up with Allies those Allies are going to be trapped in the volcano. That's an unfortunate waste for the player who has that happen to them.
3) The city that guards the South and West middle spots (Snow/Swamp) to the map center can't be bypassed via road in the mountains. But the North/East can bypass the city. Not sure which you meant to be possible but I assume you mean to allow players to bypass the city to reach the middle of the map to race for the 5K in gold there since the corner spots aren't stuck.
4) Placement of the random armies by the capitols isn't exactly even. By that I mean take a look at the S/W corner. There are 2 units directly above the capitol so players must go WAY around if they want to move north and avoid fighting. No other spot is quite as blocked in 1 direction. as players can easily step into open squares and go around without needing to fight.

I hope players don't run out of cash early since there are no ruins to generate any income esp on a low gold start. Most of the game may be just 1 turn units fighting which is a shame on a large map like this.

KGB
KGB

Return to Map feedback