DD Ansalon [12.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

DD Ansalon [12.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:24 am

New map: DD Ansalon [12.0] by Tim.
Map editor link: DD Ansalon [12.0]

Tim

Re: DD Ansalon [12.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:30 am

PLEASE MAKE IT LADDER AGAIN IN EXCHANGE OF THE OLD VERSION

Last Changes from 10.0 to 12.0

- Fixed Text on Signs (I hope)
- Added some Roads
- Moved some Temples and Income Sites (for Example the L1 at Whites Capital can now be reached faster)
- Palanthas is now a good City again
- Moved some Ports

So this is not a Major Update only a small Balancing Update. Have Fun!

---- Feedback is Welcome! ----

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preview Changes from 8.0 to 10.0

- Dimernost has now selected units to buy(Flyers, Waterunits and a few more) and is Coastal
- The two Icve Islands in the East have now acces to Ports
- White Player: Added a Coastal City with RiverPort at the East Coast and deleted the City of Deep Ice there as exchange, Moved the City of Two Forks a little NO and added some Roads there, Added some Roads from Khormesh to Qindara and changed the Position of a Site there, Added a Watch Tower(6) in the West and added a Port in the West near the Lvl1
- Added a Port near Tarsis
- Thorbardin has now a Passage to the SW (Road between the Lvl2 and the MoneySite)
- Orange Player: Added Roads in the Forest to faster reach Pensdale
- Green Player: Moved the Port at Phalinost a little North, Closed the Passage to Khuri Khan through the Waste for protecting Black a little because of his central Position sourrounded by all...
- Black Player: Moved the Money Site that yblack can reach Hopes End more Easily, Added some Vulcanic Terrain so Black can Reach Haligoth with Elements
- Blue Player: Longer River at Maelgoth and deleted the Bridge for Placing a Ford/in Exchange the Ford NO of Maelgoth with a Bridge
- Teal Player: Added some Roads near the Capital that you can reach the Sourrunded Cities mostly in 1 Turn, Added Ports in the West that you can reach faster Kalaman
- Red Player: Added some Roads in the South near Ssthik
- Yellow Player: Nothing ;)
Tim

Postby KGB » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Just played a 4v4 team game on this map and then realized you didn't set starting spots for 4v4. The problem with leaving it random is that it doesn't give balanced team starts.

You should define start spots for 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, 1v1. You can define multiple setups for each one if you want variety (that's a good thing).

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Tim, in a 4v4 team game, I have a feeling that the team that includes the "Red" city will be at a disadvantage b/c of the time it takes to expand to other cities.
Moonknight

Postby Tim » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Yes Moonknight. The Red Side must be played another Way. You have not so many Cities around first but you have many good Goldsites and many Ruins there.
Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:18 pm

@KGB: Sure i created starting Spots enough. But Random is also there. You must only take another One from the Drop Down list.
Tim

Postby KGB » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Not so much the time it takes as the team mates / opponents Red faces/gets.

I think it works best if Red is allied with Green and fighting Teal/Black in a 4v4 game. That way Red gets to do something early on (raid coastline with Serpents while expanding slowly to meet Green in the south) instead of being isolated for a very long time. Not sure how the other colors would divide up best. But maybe Red/Green/Blue/Yellow vs Teal/Black/Orange/White.

KGB
KGB

Postby Tim » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 pm

I have some different Startups there KGB and i think you can Pick the One who fits in your Opinion best. I dont like the Idea Red/Green/Blue/Yellow vs Teal/Black/Orange/White. I think one the Red Side are the 3 best Positions then, because they can work extremly good together.

I tried to balance it right and give Red many Goldsides and Ruins. I interested how this works? How does it work in your Game? But you must play this Side in this way and not letting the Ruins and Sides left aside...
I think you can reach some Seaside Cities first like Ogre Shield the 2 Cities at Hags Dirk but its hard to Protect.

I think i must do something for red and balance it with an Eye on Yellow that this 2 Sides are quite equal.
My Thoughts:
- Move Ssthik and the other City Southeast of it more North that Red can reach it good.
- Build a new City for red on the Island North of the Capitol
and
- Build Bridges and connect the three Isles around red with it.

Then you have 3 Cities close together and you have the advantage of the Ruins and Goldsites. That must be really enough.

Good?
Tim

Postby KGB » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:25 pm

A city on the island north of Red where all those L2/L3 ruins are would be nice as it would be a real reason to visit that island. I am not sure you need anything more than 1 bridge to the island south of the Capitol.

The thing about Red is that it's a nice position in an FFA game because you are isolated and have time to develop and get the gold sites you mention plus you get the bless for your Serpents/flying armies. But in team games where you must help your teammates it's the weakest position because you are so far away and get so few cities early on. It's going to be hard to balance those 2 game types (FFA, team games - especially in 4 player team games) without breaking the side completely.

That's why I suggested the setup I did because it puts Red with 3 of the better sides and gives Red something to do early to help team mates.

KGB
KGB

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:31 am

Yes youre right. I change it in the next Days and add another Setup.
Tim

Return to Map feedback