MidgardWyrdsea [5.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

MidgardWyrdsea [5.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:34 pm

New map: MidgardWyrdsea [5.0] by Tim.
Map editor link: MidgardWyrdsea [5.0]

Tim

Re: MidgardWyrdsea [5.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:39 pm

New to 5.0:

- Far extended reaf at the Ice where the River comes in. Then the Orange/White player must move more and more over the Ice there...

- Roads in the Ice at the Northwest from the UL-Temple to the City there.

- Delete one City of the Two in the Southeastern Corner to weaken Green a bit.

- Move the Port at Estreidet from the East to the West that Black can reach it easier.

- Much Goldsites added.

- 5 Good Cities now. One between Black/White, White Orange, Orange/Green, Green/Black and Dvarheim.

- All the Rest normal Cities at the Moment.

- East of Orange added some Mountains that Orange must go a little more east there to go to Ugolgorod.

- Some light Terrainchanges.
Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:53 am

Dont know why i can take a FFA3 when opening a new Game on this Map. I have no FFA3 selected in the Editor...
Tim

Postby KGB » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:59 pm

FFA is FFA regardless of how many players you have. On a map with 8 start spots if you want to have 6 players you don't need a FFA-6 in the editor, you just need FFA.

KGB
KGB

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:29 pm

Ah ok! If i have FFA4 you can play FFA3 too. Thanks. ;)
Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:17 am

Im thinking about a few changes to the map and i would be pleased if i get feedback about this:

In my Opinion its very difficult to play the black Player in the SW. I try to changes things here a bit that the player must not buy Dwarfs first as example. I would add some Swamps between the coastline that you can cross the Terrain with Orcs for Example. Second is that i will Move the Cities there (the three on the Coast in the SW and the one on the Isle) more to each other that the black Player can reach the Cities in One Turn with Galleys and that you can send Troops there to the next City in 1 Turn.

I think about the Ruins and i dont like it Random. There are not sooo much Ruins and i find it not good if you find only Gold in a L3 Ruin and another One finds Allies or a Item. So i thought about change the Reward for the Ruins. L3-Item Reward, L2-Ally Reward, First reachable L1-Gold Award with predifined Defenders(easy)(all other L1-Random), Water Ruins - Random.

What did you say?
Tim

Postby KGB » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Are you saying Black has it too hard or too easy? Not sure I understand what you want to do.

With regards to ruins, there are 5 L3 ruins. 3 of them are on the left side, 1 up top and one on the right. So they aren't balanced in that regard (better to have 4, one for each player). Personally I like all L3 rewards because they are all useful (allies are the least useful when ruins are out of the way as they are on this map since the allies will take a long time to get into the game). They are also hard to search so I think leaving the reward as 'random' is fine.

I do like the idea of the closest L1 ruin having gold and a pre-defined guardian so that it helps equalize all game starts. After that I am fine with all rewards (L1, L2, L3) being random.

KGB
KGB

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:26 pm

I mean the black Start is too hard. A Little ;)
Tim

Return to Map feedback