Dwarf Clans [1.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Dwarf Clans [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby SCIkick » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm

New map: Dwarf Clans [1.0] by SCIkick.
Map editor link: Dwarf Clans [1.0]

SCIkick

Re: Dwarf Clans [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby SCIkick » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Few things about the map :

1. Lots of placed monsters on cities, tower forts, ruins, etc.
2. Limited units available, mostly dwarves. Hard to build flying units, but allies available.
3. Might be fun to play with a "No Sorceress" agreement to make mountains a more challenging obstacle to stack armies.
SCIkick

Re: Dwarf Clans [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby KGB » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 am

SCIkick,

1) You should try a test game on this map with no fog of war (ie so you can see the whole map) against an AI opponent.

I suggest this is because I believe many of your cities are going to be empty. The reason is because the limited production of units doesn't fit with the city designation (powerful/good). For example those 4 Griffon cities. They are all marked as Powerful but only have Griffon (a good unit) production. So they will have no production in them and be empty of defenders other than the single Griffon you have placed. Was that your intention that the player must buy production there and no extra defenders?

2) I think you must have forgotten to set production in some cities. The 2 of the 3 around the Yellow and Cyan capitol are all unlimited in production. But the 3 around the White and Red are all limited. So that's a big advantage for those sides being able to build anything...

Your right about the Sorceress dominating on this map. Eventually she's going to be the only way to progress as I can see players building towers to block passages against the limited siege available. It would have been interesting to let players at least build a unicorn someplace. Getting even 1 of those in a ruin is going to be a game breaker.

KGB

P.S. I bet EVERYONE takes a Dwarf hero on turn 1 unless the starting units include a Dwarf/Giant.
KGB

Return to Map feedback