Wild Runs [3.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Wild Runs [3.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Vicotnic » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:58 am

New map: Wild Runs [3.0] by Vicotnic.
Map editor link: Wild Runs [3.0]

Vicotnic

Postby Vicotnic » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:02 am

Towers on the road to the center has had their level reduced, unintentional short cuts has been adressed and more roads has been added to make it easier to by pass the center.
Vicotnic

Re: Wild Runs [3.0] is submitted for review.

Postby KGB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:09 pm

This map has disappeared from the map list

Can it be approved and restored please.

KGB
KGB

Postby Vicotnic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Should be back up now, saw that you played a game on aprevious version, what did you think?
Vicotnic

Postby KGB » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 pm

The game didn't last that long (7-8 turns). I misclicked and killed a hero by accident and so I resigned. That's when I discovered the map was gone. So hard to say.

I think the bottom player has an advantage and you will need to adjust the map for it. There are 3 blocks of cities in the 'middle'. One block entrance is very close to the bottom player (Crusaders). It's all his essentially. The other 2 are up for grabs but even then the bottom player is slightly closer (25,25 the middle of the map is in the corner of Yeti area) so the Giants are also closer to the bottom player. It would help if you moved the entrance to the Yeti area to the upper left (by the city with the 1 Yeti defender already in it) so that it was clearly the top players area as the Crusaders are for the bottom player. Then the Giants would be the middle ground up for grabs.

I also doubt anyone will ever get those items in the L3 ruins in the corner. The game will end before then because they are SO far out of the way and require flight to get there. So they are essentially wasted. If you put a port there and moved them closer to the water and removed the Demon then maybe, just maybe someone might try for them.

Looking forward to playing a couple games on it to confirm.

KGB
KGB

Postby Vicotnic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:17 am

You're right about the center cities being abit in favour of the South player (there are 31 road and 1 snow tile for north to get to yeti, while there are 25 road and 2 desert tiles for South to get to Crusaders) so the Crusader entrance should probobly be moved two step north. The Giants are also 5 tiles closer to South so that entrance should probobly be moved 2 tiles to the east.

And maybe the L3 ruins should be made abit easier to access, although it is quite a small map for lvl 3 ruins and claiming them should be an exception. I will think about it.

BTW to update it I have to talk to SnotlinG?
Vicotnic

Postby KGB » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 pm

I think the Crusader entrance is fine. It's meant for the bottom player to reach first. Just move the Yeti entrance to the left side (16,21) for the top player. Then both sides have 1 area they can reach first. Then adjust the Giant entrance to be midway between the 2 players.

It's up to you whether you chance the L3 ruins or not. My suggestion was just that its' a shame you spent time putting them there if no one will ever use them. If you want to make claiming them hard then set the ruin defenders to 2 Vampries (and remove the Demon on the ruin and add the port). That means a hero will need 25+ UL to even consider taking the risk (unless your really desperate) which means it will be hard to claim them but at least it will be possible if a game goes on for a long time (25+ turns).

Yeah, to update the map again you'll need to talk to SnotlinG or Piranha.

KGB
KGB

Postby Vicotnic » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:49 am

Shifting the Yeti entrance would require to also swap around which castles are ruins to give faster access to North, which ofc could be done and is probobly the better option. What do you think about changing the items in the L3 ruins to like 4 dragons?
Vicotnic

Postby KGB » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:42 pm

4 Dragons! 4 Greens or Reds? 4 Greens maybe. 4 Reds no. 2 Reds OK.

I've started a new game on this map. One other thing to consider. It's turn 4 (when turns stop being simultaneous). I finished turn 3 (my opponent finished his turn first) and then immediately got to do turn 4 (because I was player 1). So in effect I went twice. With Lt Calv you move 40+ squares on the road (20+ per turn) which meant I went all the way from my side directly into his home land (just short of his cities). This is a problem. Not your fault the game works like this when it changes over at turn 4 but it's something worth thinking about. Next time I'm player 1 I will definitely time it so I can reach his cities with the double move and find something empty to raze. It's a big advantage for player 1. So you might want to break up the main road with a few open terrain squares so this isn't possible because of the extra movement required.

KGB
KGB

Postby makmak » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm

I suggest that you allow flying units and add some alternative passages through ports. You could add port between the 4 cities in the side and in the opposite coast (4 ports total) replacing Volcanic and Mountains with hills and forest to provide more passages. That way map will still be balanced but players will have more options
makmak

Next

Return to Map feedback