Dragon Realms FFA [6.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Dragon Realms FFA [6.0] is submitted for review.

Postby somenpotatis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:03 pm

New map: Dragon Realms FFA [6.0] by somenpotatis.
Map editor link: Dragon Realms FFA [6.0]

somenpotatis

Re: Dragon Realms FFA [6.0] is submitted for review.

Postby somenpotatis » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 am

Hello again!

A 5-player FFA test game showed that the two players starting in the centre were indeed in a disadvantagous position, the 3-player games have on the other hand been interesting and fairly balanced. I have therefore marked the 4- and 5-player versions as 'Unbalanced' and marked the 3-player version as 'Recommended'.

Another thing that has been missing in the FFA version of the realm is dragons! As my intention with this map has been to stay true to the spirit of the Warlords 2 original and offer unlimited access to dragons early in the game, i have listened to advice from KGB and added a (green) dragon as a production unit in the city nearest to each capital. After some feedback from Vicotnic I've also added guaranteed dragon allies in some of the ruins (1 red dragon to some of the level 2 ruins and 3 red dragons to the central level 3 ruin).

The dragons obviously have little trouble with many of the neutral defenders and speeds up early expansion, but this should have a similar impact on all players. However, having great fliers from the start (or after 3 turns anyway) could perhaps be an advantage for the westmost player who starts on an island (and maybe also the northern player who starts in an enclosed mountain range). Perhaps we should do one last test play to try out this new configuration before releasing it to the public?

Thanks for all your help and support, and thanks to the moderators for making the scenario version of this map and the Isles of Sorcery public!
/Johan
somenpotatis

Return to Map feedback