Muspilli [1.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Muspilli [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Negern » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:35 pm

New map: Muspilli [1.0] by Negern.
Map editor link: Muspilli [1.0]

Negern

Re: Muspilli [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Negern » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:35 pm

I found this one in my map list! Made it six years ago or more, but didn't submit it at that time. So ok why not now. Better late than never.
Negern

Postby KGB » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:36 pm

Um, how exactly does one move on this map?

The 3 start areas are not connected so you can only get to another area if you have a Elemental or possibly a Sorceress with the flight skill.

KGB
KGB

Postby Negern » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:42 am

KGB wrote:Um, how exactly does one move on this map?

The 3 start areas are not connected so you can only get to another area if you have a Elemental or possibly a Sorceress with the flight skill.

KGB

There are a lot of neutral cities with fire elemental production. I guess I thought why not give it a try.
Negern

Postby KGB » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm

There is already another similar map requiring Fire Elementals.

The problem with that concept is only the Fire Elementals can cross the lava. So when they get to the other side they find defenders well entrenched in cities with heroes etc and they can't take anything and even if they do, they can't hold it.

I love 3 player idea because we are badly lacking in 3 player maps for some FFA fun. But the map really needs roads through for regular units and ways for Fire Elementals to get there on their own via Lava for secondary fronts/attacks. Maybe 1 central road meeting in the middle (that semi-middle city could be moved a bit) and then outer roads between start areas (orange/black, red/orange, red/black).

KGB
KGB

Postby Negern » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 am

KGB wrote:There is already another similar map requiring Fire Elementals.

The problem with that concept is only the Fire Elementals can cross the lava. So when they get to the other side they find defenders well entrenched in cities with heroes etc and they can't take anything and even if they do, they can't hold it.

I love 3 player idea because we are badly lacking in 3 player maps for some FFA fun. But the map really needs roads through for regular units and ways for Fire Elementals to get there on their own via Lava for secondary fronts/attacks. Maybe 1 central road meeting in the middle (that semi-middle city could be moved a bit) and then outer roads between start areas (orange/black, red/orange, red/black).

KGB

Yes, I agree. I looked a bit closer at it now and I think some things will have to be changed to make it fun. I'm not sure it was even finished.
But I'll make some changes for fliers and regular troops to move more freely, without fire elementals losing their advantage.
Which map is that other map?
Negern

Postby KGB » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:32 pm

1) Kaleidoscope
2) Heroe's Only
3) Into the Underdark (elementals allowed version)

All 3 feature similar themes to this one where Elementals are key to breaking through the lava.

KGB
KGB

Return to Map feedback