land of horror [1.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

land of horror [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby szymraszyn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:41 am

New map: land of horror [1.0] by szymraszyn.
Map editor link: land of horror [1.0]

szymraszyn

Re: land of horror [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Igor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 am

Teal looks bad.
Igor

Postby szymraszyn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 am

teal, may look bad, but, they are only starting position without poor cities
szymraszyn

Postby szymraszyn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:03 am

and they can easly attack red from sea
szymraszyn

Postby Negern » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:29 pm

Yes, i like teal too. Nice and easy to defend, lots of ruins. Easy to expand east. Sorc would be very useful. Not just for early game but later too, buffing up boats and defending main island, raiding weak cities, instead of as usual losing most of her use late game.
To me, green seems to be the bad starting position. Green will only expand very slowly. Far between cities, few cities, bad terrain. Possibly a bridge to the southwest island could make it too strong? But it looks like right now it's too weak instead. Not only bad bud kind of boring also. It's never fun to spend first 4 turns taking 2 poor cities. I would add some roads in the forest and a city, as a minimum.
Negern

Postby KGB » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:38 pm

I've played 1 FFA game on this map with 2 players and 6 AI's (just so the neutrals get conquered)

We ended up next to each other in Orange/Blue and by turn 4 my Sorc had raided and razed his southern 2 cities at the end of the road using only waterwalk (no fly) thanks to all the ruins getting her to L4 (including 1 with a sage) and 34 movement. The game ended shortly afterwards with her movement allowing me to raze/hide on water/mountains (once I took flight).

You might want to consider extending the mountains a bit more in all directions and add some lava to prevent early Sorc raids. With 8 human players it's just going to be a Sorc fest with nothing to defend the cities since there won't be time to build units (this game REALLY needs to give players more like 10-12 starting units to stop this).

Started a 2nd game now on the map hoping we are further apart with more time before we meet.

KGB

P.S. In addition to Green needing roads, Black needs a ports badly (one on each side). White needs a port on the right hand side. Red has 1 more neutral that the other sides in his home area and White has 1 fewer in his. Pretty sure the Island cities (by Green and Orange/Yellow) are going to favor those sides since they are in their backyard and other sides don't get access to them.
KGB

Postby szymraszyn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:59 am

thanks for feedback. I gonna :
- add those ports
-add roads and 1 city for green
-add lava
also I will open melee ffa game on it, feel free to join
szymraszyn

Return to Map feedback