bridge battles [4.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

bridge battles [4.0] is submitted for review.

Postby smursh » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:39 am

New map: bridge battles [4.0] by smursh.
Map editor link: bridge battles [4.0]

smursh

Re: bridge battles [4.0] is submitted for review.

Postby smursh » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:42 am

set up 2x2 play for teams to be in opposite corner from their other team member. Otherwise same as my original submission.

Minor changes from original test map was to add an additional lvl-1 ruin in each quadrant and removing all swamp terrain by cities so you can either attack cities with water or land units but not stacks of both.
smursh

Postby KGB » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:24 pm

I notice there are ZERO bridges on this map. So what happens if you hit on allies that can't fly (Medusa for example) in the L3 ruins? To reduce that chance you might want to set them to gold or item so at least the 1st time they can't have that problem.

Has anyone ever taken that middle city? Could they with the 9 defenders (8 plus 1 Red dragon)? Seems like a bit of a waste...

Elephants seem like a serious must-have given all the combat that will take places on bridges.

KGB
KGB

Postby smursh » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:02 am

I see what you mean on the bridges to the lvl-3 ruins. Will either need to add that or as you say make first option gold. And can probably reduce the center city defenders some, or add an artifact pie to make it worth the effort. Still running test games but in the first one does not look like the center city will be taken.
smursh

Return to Map feedback