Slanwars [1.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Slanwars [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby slanmaster » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:24 am

New map: Slanwars [1.0] by slanmaster.
Map editor link: Slanwars [1.0]

slanmaster

Re: Slanwars [1.0] is submitted for review.

Postby KGB » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Interesting looking map. I'd love to playtest.

BTW, there is a L3 ruin at 9,45 that has no access for land units so if you are unlucky and get Medusa/Devils you are screwed. There might be others like that but I saw that one when I was checking things out.

This will be a Sorc dominated map due to the huge number of L2/L3 ruins and vast distances. You might consider dropping a couple of units on the L3 ruins (maybe even a single unit on some of the out of the way L2 ruins too) to stop that.

KGB
KGB

Postby slanmaster » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Thanks for the feedback KGB!

Sorceress dominates almost every map doesnt she? ;)
She hasn't been that dominant in the test games we've had so far. She is of course strong as usual if you chose to fight along the coast, but there is a lot to gain by expanding towards the center of the map, where there is less waterways and the fighting is on other terrain types.
Regarding ruins, i'd rather not add guardians. There are only 4 L3 ruins in the center and one per starting area. A few others scattered around the map. I'd rather reduce the amount of L2's in that case. But on the other hand, quite a few of them are rather accessible and can be searched by paladins/rangers/DKs on their way.
I really had sorceress impact reduction in mind when i placed ruins, we shall see if it works.

I think you just missed that there are 2 snowy paths from the L3 ruin you mentioned.

Cheers
slanmaster

Postby slanmaster » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Is your team up for a test game?
slanmaster

Postby KGB » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:23 pm

Ah, I guess you can walk away from it via the snow. I missed all the diagonal paths through the Lava.

As for the Sorc, yeah she dominates way too many maps. That's one of the things I was hoping would get addressed if they do any updates (in the update thread I started and you commented on). In big team games (4v4) here she won't be needed much as you have mentioned. I meant more in 2v2, 1v1 and perhaps in FFA games she will be overly powerful since there will be the same ruins for fewer players.

I'm going to be away starting Tomorrow till next Tuesday. So no new games for me till then since I won't be taking any turns. But once I am back we can setup a team game.

KGB
KGB

Return to Map feedback