World of Midgard [26.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

World of Midgard [26.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Tim » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:48 pm

New map: World of Midgard [26.0] by Tim.
Map editor link: World of Midgard [26.0]

Tim

Re: World of Midgard [26.0] is submitted for review.

Postby Tim » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Hello Guys, my Midgard Map is now quite a long Time around and it shows for me not really up to Date. So i spend much Time for a really big Update. I cannot List all things ive done but i think you will see that it is much more of All in the Map. I personally am very happy with this Overhaul and i hope it will be new and More Fun to the Map!

Experienced Players can join a Test Game now! :)

V 26.0
- Some Minor Design Correctures
New to V 25.0 - Working Title: New Tactics, New Fun
- Placed the Units over Balins Protector at Ugolgorod
- Placed a Port at the Isle with the L1 Ruin near Madura
- Placed Neutral Orcs/Ghosts at L2 and L3 Ruins
- Removed 2 Dwarfs from the Towers in the Middle East Region
- Moved white Capital North...
- Full Rearrangement of the Terrains-Regions, including new Balacing to the Starting Spots
- Adding and Changing Sites, Roads, Rivers, Ridgelines, Walls
- So many Things...as the Title Says...new Tactics, more Fun!

Skipped 23.0/24.0

New to 22.0:
- Some Design fixes
- The south of Red Player -City of Bithur- is now less vulnerable to Seacreatures

V.21 - Skipped

New to 20.0
- Moved a Port West of Geltin from South to North
- Replaced the Brifge at Khairat with a Ford
- Moved the Port at Nagpur a little South
- Connect the Isle with the City of Zyo in the SW with the the Coast via Ford
- Added a Ressource Bulding in the SW west of Corinth
- Moved Signpost with Version News in the far Southeast

New to 19.0

- Moved Black Capital back
- Moved Port at Dogon in the SW North
- Added Roads at Black Capital
- Extra Defenders in Capitals replaced

New to 18.0

-Added Roads in the SW Isles
-Connect Ponapu with the UL-Temple
-Extra Defenders now no more in the NW Corner of the City
-Geltin is now a Good City
-Marshes around Langollen
-A Sign North of Valian near the L2Ruin with changes to new Version on it
-Some Mountain-Terrain Northwest of Corinth
Tim

Postby KGB » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:40 am

What's the password for the new map test game?

A few things.
1) Now that you moved the White capital I think a great 4v4 setup would be Teal/Blue/Red/Orange vs Yellow/Black/Green/White. I also think a great 2v2v2v2 would be Orange/Red vs Green/White vs Yellow/Black vs Blue/Teal. Some of your other setups need to be adjusted too (the 3v3 should use White instead of Orange).
2) Most of my comments in the other thread on this map still stand (Black and Yellow city differences, Red needs another city).
3) Really wish there was a city in the snow area in the middle top area of the western continent near the L3 ruin and Yeti. That way there would be some reason to go up in that area of the map.
4) I think the fact you can quickly go between the Blue and Teal capitals (through that hills area by Indairne) makes those 2 start spots really hard in FFA games or any team games where those 2 are not on the same time (this is one reason I wanted a 4v4 where they are teammates). The other sides that share continents are all far away from each other but those 2 can reason on turn 3 with crows and 4/5 with Dwarfs. Not sure what you do other than closing that area off (mountains) unless you want to move the 2 capitals slightly (Blue a couple squares to the right and teal a couple diagonally NW).
5) Also the entire island that holds Blue/Teal has 28 cities but at least 2-3 will be stolen by Green (another reason I wanted 1 in the north) so it's tight city wise. Compare to Yellow/Black who have 29 (includes islands to the left but not the 2 on the island in the middle on the right that Red might get). I think it might be interesting if the island that has 4 cities on it moved up by say 7-8 squares so that Teal could contest the island more with Yellow during expansion.

KGB
KGB

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:03 am

Hey KGB, thanks for your Opinion.

Yes i forgot to Change the Setups or make more... i do this soon. And the Rest i have a look at when i have time in the Future.

I think my Terrain Changes do much things better. I try to give Black more chances to Expand quicklyer and Yellow cannot reach the Cities above Black starting Spot so good and early now.

Red is slighly better Position now because he is far more away from White and has many Options to go. I dont think there is really a need for one more City.

Blue and Teal is a hard Thing because i dont like to close the Mountain but i do a few things with the Terrain to do it harder. Think about more...Tower with Dwarf?

With the Western 4 City Isle i dont like to move it because i try to bring Blak in a Better Position to reach it now. Moving North is not good for Black. And Black has already not so much Options as other Starting Spots...

I do much things with the Terrain what makes it now very different. Hope you like how the Map looks now?

I think it might be good to make a Test now. The Game is Open. The Old Testgame i make a PW that no one join the false...

I think minor Changes can i make. I think about it next time.
Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:14 am

I like the idea of a New City in the east far north but i think also to reduce the amount of Cities.i have the feeling IT could be a little too much. What Do you think?
Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:22 am

What do you think about this? Its harder to reach each other now. For Yellow i close the Waste and he must go a little over Hills or the Swamp (Oasis... ;))...
Attachments
Midgard2.png
Yellow
Midgard2.png (423.31 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Midgard1.png
Blue Teal
Midgard1.png (859.57 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Tim

Postby KGB » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:28 pm

I like both those changes. It will be harder for Yellow to race to the east and harder for Blue/Teal to attack each other early since even Crows have to pass over mountains twice.

Note that the extra city in the northern snow I wanted on the Western island (where Blue/Teal is), not the Eastern one. I suppose you can put one in the north snow on the Eastern one too but that would be hard for anyone but Green to get so it would be better on the coastline in the swamp so White or Orange might also get it.

Don't worry about 2 more cities on the map. This map is meant for games with lots of players (4+) so more cities is good and both cities would be far enough out of the way that they won't unbalance expansion and will make those areas of the map be a little more useful.

KGB
KGB

Return to Map feedback