Midgard [11.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

Re: Midgard [11.0] is submitted for review.

Postby KGB » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am

I believe he means too many roads from the capitol to nearby cities. Dark Blue has nice roads to 4 nearby cities then a fast boat journey to several more just south all connected by roads. Compare that to Green who has NO roads or Light Blue who has very few roads/cities. Those 2 sides need the most help and Dark Blue needs to lose all the roads to the cities north of the capitol (he can keep the road to the city just 2 squares south of him). It would really help Green if you were allowed to specify units in the capitol because then you could give him Dwarves making all those hills into roads. Maybe in Beta6.

I'm in an 8 player FFA game right now on this map (version 1 I think) and so far it's OK. There are 6 players remaining (2 quit as opposed to being conquered) and 4 of those 6 have between 15-20 cities with the other 2 around 10. I can't tell if Dark Blue is still playing or not (it's not me nor can I see that starting spot).

KGB
KGB

Postby magian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:51 am

Yeah, sorry Tim, I should have been more specific.

KGB did a good job of voicing my misgivings though. Pretty much my exact thoughts actually.
magian

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Just a quick comment: For scenariomaps you can set the production of the startingcities as well.
SnotlinG

Postby LPhillips » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:26 am

Tim, I think it's very important that you specify some production for your players' cities. The desert region's production and opportunity are both miserable. Tons of sand, and nothing but scouts and crows for production. Even some native Light Cavalry would have been bearable. If there's low starting gold, you can expand to 20 cities and still have nothing in your army. I did. Enough scouts to raise my army count as high as anyone, but we all know what they're good for. And it's not mid-game combat.
LPhillips

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks for your feedback! I try to balance the map better. I think the newest Version is better. I add some roads to ligt blue and take away to dark blue. I take away some cities near dark blue too. With Green I will look. But I think he has much space around and some good sites. So I think its ok.

Specify city Production is only possible in Scenario or?
Tim

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Tim wrote:Specify city Production is only possible in Scenario or?

On player starting cities yes.
SnotlinG

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:38 pm

AH ok. Then I can change the Production of nearby citys. So I can balance it better. :)
Tim

Previous

Return to Map feedback