Sorceress

Discuss strategies of warbarons

Sorceress

Postby Negern » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:13 pm

Do you use her spells? I've only ever used her for her speed and UL. A bit curious about how the spells work and if people find them useful.
Negern
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Sorceress

Postby somenpotatis » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:25 pm

Absolutely!

With ethereal she ignores walls and can with fully upgraded attack conquer weakly defended cities by herself, many times at 90 % success rate. The levitate spell I have only use to transport elementals over the mountains in maps like Airstream, the problem is that it takes a lot of move points so it's seldom the surprise attack you would want it to be. I think her uses declines as the war progresses and ruins run out and cities become more well defended.

/Johan
somenpotatis
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 am

Re: Sorceress

Postby szymraszyn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:32 pm

you are right. I call sorceress "female barb", because she only uses her personal bonuses, she doestn't boost other unit. the only heroses I use to capture city only by themselves are:
barb
sorc
sometimes dwarf engineer.
Also, after searching some units, she may become as strong as barb, or even stronger...
szymraszyn
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Sorceress

Postby Negern » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:30 pm

somenpotatis wrote:Absolutely!

With ethereal she ignores walls and can with fully upgraded attack conquer weakly defended cities by herself, many times at 90 % success rate. The levitate spell I have only use to transport elementals over the mountains in maps like Airstream, the problem is that it takes a lot of move points so it's seldom the surprise attack you would want it to be. I think her uses declines as the war progresses and ruins run out and cities become more well defended.

/Johan

And the spells are added to her and her stack automatically, or do you have to do something to activate them?
Negern
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Sorceress

Postby Negern » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:32 pm

szymraszyn wrote:you are right. I call sorceress "female barb", because she only uses her personal bonuses, she doestn't boost other unit. the only heroses I use to capture city only by themselves are:
barb
sorc
sometimes dwarf engineer.
Also, after searching some units, she may become as strong as barb, or even stronger...

I think the assassin is great for neutral cities too! At level 2 he will already have great odds against most neutral cities, with 68% crit. At level 3 he's really good.
Negern
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Sorceress

Postby szymraszyn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Negern wrote:I think the assassin is great for neutral cities too! At level 2 he will already have great odds against most neutral cities, with 68% crit. At level 3 he's really good.

he is better in combat. but sorc has 34 mp, so she can reach two times more cities than assasin. Including her walk on water, it wil be even more. and as I said, iteams from ruins will make her really strong
szymraszyn
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Sorceress

Postby Negern » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:23 pm

szymraszyn wrote:
Negern wrote:I think the assassin is great for neutral cities too! At level 2 he will already have great odds against most neutral cities, with 68% crit. At level 3 he's really good.

he is better in combat. but sorc has 34 mp, so she can reach two times more cities than assasin. Including her walk on water, it wil be even more. and as I said, iteams from ruins will make her really strong

Yes for sure. But i’d never attack a gryffon or mammoth, even with a very strong sorc. Even a spider will have more than 25% against a 75 strength 2hp sorc.
Assassin is good on his own with the potential to become a very strong hero late game.
Negern
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Sorceress

Postby somenpotatis » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 am

Negern wrote:And the spells are added to her and her stack automatically, or do you have to do something to activate them?


They are automatic.
somenpotatis
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:43 am


Return to Strategy talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php