I guess I do not understand the rules.

Discuss strategies of warbarons

Re: I guess I do not understand the rules.

Postby Argammon » Tue May 01, 2012 4:55 pm

@ Piranha

Maybe I am missing something but IMO +20 anti air is not correct. The light cavalry's bonus against the eagle should be +10 command + 3 defense command + 10 anti air command = 23. ---> total str of 41.
Argammon

Postby KGB » Tue May 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Piranha,

Thanks again for the explanation. The numbers you state are what I would have expected other than what Agammon notes that the AA should have been 23. Strange that it seems fixed with one Anti-Air item and not the other

Incidentally one thing that's always bothered me about the Anti-Air bonus is that it's biased against the Chaos heroes (DK now, but some of the new heroes have Chaos too). So if your DK with +9 Chaos finds an AA item of +10 the entire bonus gets negated by a Grand Archon while if a Paladin with +10 Leadership finds the same item the entire bonus is not negated (20-16=4). So my question is why doesn't the AA bonus simply stack with whatever natural power the hero has so that a DK would get +10 Chaos while a Pally/Valkrie would get +10 Leadership. Otherwise to be fair you need equivalent Chaos items.

KGB
KGB

Postby piranha » Tue May 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Argammon: You are right. I'll see if I can make it work like that.

KGB: Since we are going to create new items for version 0.9 we can have some chaos based anti air items.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Moonknight » Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 pm

piranha wrote:KGB: Since we are going to create new items for version 0.9 we can have some chaos based anti air items.

We can make my item anti-air chaos if you want...I know it provides UL as well, but even equipped by a Paladin or Horse Lord, a +5 Chaos against fliers would still come in handy...
Moonknight

Previous

Return to Strategy talk