Suggested Units

Discuss strategies of warbarons

Re: Suggested Units

Postby smursh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Agreed, I always thought the mammoth is way under powered for its cost. Shouldn't it at least get +10 moral ice?, after all the elephant is way more useful with +12 plains/desert at much lower cost. The 4 hits are useless on attack because the strength is way too low compared to similarly priced units, and the defense bonus is worthless because the upkeep is so high you can't use them only for defensive purposes.
smursh

Postby KGB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Hatch,

I agree that the current units need small adjustments too. The idea here is just to add a couple of new units to fill in some roles that are currently missing (powerful late game land unit like the Colossus/Titan).

Some of the units you mention (Archon, Demon) are role units that aren't / don't need to change much since they fill their role nicely. The Orc definitely need to go back to 10 strength. The Red Dragon sees plenty of use by me at least but I know KenC is going to immediately lobby for him to go back to +12 morale :lol:

KGB
KGB

Postby kenc80 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:17 pm

The Red Dragon sees plenty of use by me at least but I know KenC is going to immediately lobby for him to go back to +12 morale

Concur!! :D :twisted:

ok I agree, someone put a balance thread up. It might be too late to re-balance for B9. Not sure when launch is. But the discussion is definitely worth having. I too havent seen many demons about.
kenc80

Postby Negern » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 pm

KGB wrote:Hatch,

I agree that the current units need small adjustments too. The idea here is just to add a couple of new units to fill in some roles that are currently missing (powerful late game land unit like the Colossus/Titan).

Some of the units you mention (Archon, Demon) are role units that aren't / don't need to change much since they fill their role nicely. The Orc definitely need to go back to 10 strength. The Red Dragon sees plenty of use by me at least but I know KenC is going to immediately lobby for him to go back to +12 morale :lol:

KGB

Agree on the titan. It would be a great addition. But maybe it ought to get a bit nerfed. only 75% to add "crushing blow"-effect on the strike? 100%, i.m.o, could be too powerful, with 3 hp, 35 str and a cost at only 1600.Two of these stacked with a rd would probably have good odds vs a full stack of rds or a full stack of demons.
Basically (since the titans instant kills 2 hp units), it's two titans 45/3 and one RD 50/2 vs 4 RD 50/2 or 4 demons (55 / 2).

Str points in titans stack:

185 (added 50% to each titan, since they are 50% more hp)

RD:

demons:

Turns to make titans + 1 rd = 13

Turns to make demons = 24

Still, only 35 str points differ, after adjusting for the crushing blow etc. If 3 more titans were made (25 turns produce time, included the two other and the rd) they would have a very big lead.
202,5 (three new titans, rd bonus included) + 185 = 387,5
387,5 - 220 = 167,5
So, they'd probably have about 70% chance to win vs 8 demons, with only one more turn in production time.

But is it a problem? The demons is the unit that will get to choose the battle most often, and it is as much in that as in it's stats it's strength lies. So I don't know. Maybe the titan shouldn't get nerfed. :lol:

Anyhow, have a good time
Negern

Postby KGB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Negern,

It would be very foolish to let your Demons get into battle with some Titans. That's what your Orcs/Wolfriders/Ghosts are for :)

Without the 35/3 and Crushing Blow +1 damage the Titan would be unable to effectively battle Spiders/Gryphons/Hv Inf in cities and certainly would not be worth 4 turns given you get 2 Spiders for 1 Titan and 4 Gryphons for 3 Titans.

KGB
KGB

Postby Negern » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:20 am

KGB wrote:Negern,

It would be very foolish to let your Demons get into battle with some Titans. That's what your Orcs/Wolfriders/Ghosts are for :)

Without the 35/3 and Crushing Blow +1 damage the Titan would be unable to effectively battle Spiders/Gryphons/Hv Inf in cities and certainly would not be worth 4 turns given you get 2 Spiders for 1 Titan and 4 Gryphons for 3 Titans.

KGB

I kind of agree. It shouldn't be changed. But it wouldn't be useless if it got nerfed either. Well well, it's no need for it. Was a little drunk.. Did not even think that it was unfair to give the titans a red dragon and not the demons.

Ok, then, so I agree. :P
Negern

Postby tabanli » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:52 pm

We may need a Hero Slayer unit that could balance Solo-Duo Barbarian ride. Although spider and gryphon are unusally strong in the cities they are expansive.

Spy: Cost 400, 2 Turn production, Upkeep 1, Speed 14, Strength 5 Hit 3, +45 against Hero's. Three of them can take a 75 strength Barbarian.
tabanli

Previous

Return to Strategy talk