Best Non-Hero Stacks

Discuss strategies of warbarons

Re: Best Non-Hero Stacks

Postby Negern » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Pointing out the obvious: it all depends on terrain and purpose. In a map with little space between cities, I'd go for a catapult+4spiders+2mammoth+devil any day.
Negern

Postby Versace » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 am

Here is my low tech stack:

Catapult, medusa, wolf rider, 3 spiders and 2 hv infantry. Travels at 12. Go for the cities and stop in forest/swamp for +5 morale from wolfriders and enjoy 2 move cost. Open ground is scary as horselord and cavalry move fast and butcher anything. The two hv infantry are there for cheap defence while traveling and after capturing city. Wolfrider and medusa ambush counter any super barbarian. The heavies can even build a tower.

Everything works together and nothing is wasted other than some movement from wolfrider. Unicorn is cryptonite for this stack.

When attacking the catapult goes first, this stack is for capturing one city and keeping it.
Versace

Postby Versace » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:21 am

Here is my low-tech amphibious assault stack:

kraken, katapult, unicorn, 5 dwarves. At sea unicorn protects against snakes and takes away 3 fear from enemy kraken and anything at sea without a kraken is a great exchange for this stack.

Dwarves attack at 20 and do not suffer from their low movement at sea. Others are 30 and kraken and catapult have 3hp. Unicorn helps against pegasi, medusa, jeti, minotaur, spider and gryphon in cities. These guys should do well against any city with medium defence and only costs 14turns of production in total.
Versace

Postby magian » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Yeah, I'm liking the medusa these days, mostly because of the proliferation of barbarians. I often find myself up against opponents that take barbarians as their first two heroes:(
magian

Postby tabanli » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:53 pm

I agree,

Catapult-Medusa is a great combo. Unicorn surely adds a lot of value. You can fill the rest with 5 one turner you have a stack that would annoy any enemy. I like dwarfs idea at the sea also.
tabanli

Previous

Return to Strategy talk