Cities

Discuss strategies of warbarons

Cities

Postby Manukai » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Would someone please clarify what unit bonuses are beneficial for attacking and defending cities?

What I would really like to understand is how the City Terrain (+ Battle in city terrain) works. Does it only apply to the defender or does it apply to the attacker as well?

City Terrain bonus as seen on Minotaur and Spiders gives them extra battle defending a city. It only applies to their unit, not the group. Is there a group bonus or buff with +Battle in city terrain?

City walls provide a bonus to any units in the city in defending. I don't understand how the number before the city wall and the level number relate to the wall itself. For example I could have a "5 City Wall L: 4" and a 5 City Wall L: 5". What's the difference between the two? The next step is "10 City Wall L:6" and that seems clear that I get 5 more city wall defense.

Siege units like Battering Rams and Catapults negate city walls. A Catapult negates 10 so does that mean if the city wall is "10 City Wall L:6" it is completely negated? What about "10 City Wall L:7"? Does the "Negate City Wall" bonus count if the siege unit is deep in the stack or does it have to be the front unit?

Thanks
Manukai

Re: Cities

Postby magian » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Spiders and minotaurs have extra strength when attacking and defending cities. This is a personal strength bonus and has no effect on units they are stacked with.

Rams and catapults negate city walls when attacking. They can be deep in the stack and still be effective.

Sandworms ignore city walls completely (when attacking and defending). This makes them great attackers and poor city defenders. This is a personal bonus and has no effect on units they are stacked with.

The wall level and the wall bonus are two different (but related) things. Wall bonuses range from +5 to +15, you increase these by increasing the wall level. Increasing the wall level also improves a city's view range.

No unit has morale or fear that is specific to city combat. However units with stack bonuses (like heroes, dragons, ghosts and medusa) affect all units inside the city (not just those they are stacked with) when defending.
magian

Re: Cities

Postby Moonknight » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Good summary Magian...
Moonknight

Return to Strategy talk