Two questions and a bug

Beta4 testers

Two questions and a bug

Postby KGB » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:00 pm

A minor bug. When I click on lava terrain I get the message that I can't move there. But the firebug console shows there was a J/S error since no valid path was returned. Obviously it's not game breaking but you may want to clean it up/check for it.

Now my questions.

1) What does the 'Save Turn' button do? I did it and it said I can come back later and finish my turn. But how is that any different than me just closing my browser and coming back later as often do now in Beta3?

2) With regard to building a tower/razing a tower/self plundering production/self razing cities. Is there a confirmation option? I want to check them out but I am scared there won't be any confirmation.

KGB
KGB

Re: Two questions and a bug

Postby piranha » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 am

1. I think it will check all your actions with the database in case something is out of sync at the moment.
Most of the time there is no need to use the save, but if you are unlucky some action could get lost if you close the browser.

2. You will get a popup first with information.

Ill write the path bug on our todo list.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby KGB » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Piranha,

Thanks. Three new bugs and two issues.

Bugs:

1) I captured a gold site. But by income number isn't showing the increase in gold. It still totals the amount of my cities income. So I am not sure it's being added into the calculation.

2) If you stop a flier on a port (say a bat) you get the boat screen pop open. The hero offer button disappears entirely as well. Not a major bug but the game should at least check to see if a stack is flying and not open the screen or remove the button.

3) I attacked another player. But I wasn't given the warning message about breaking the peace. Has this changed in Beta4?

Issues

1) I signed a non-aggression pact to test how it works. In the History screen it reveals to all players that non-aggression pacts are signed (I know this because I saw another non-aggression pact between 2 other players). I don't think this information should be available to other players.

2) I know I was messing around with the city walls on my capitol on turn 1. This turn I took another look and it shows me having L8 walls when I click on the city and look at the wall upgrade screen. But my city defense bonus is 0. You can see this if you hover the mouse over the capitol or you click on the unit I have defending in the city. It only shows a number equal to the unit's combat number. Also the view radius should be 7 but it's only 2 which is about equal to L0 walls. If you click on a unit in another city that has L3 walls, I can see a +5 wall bonus being added to my units combat value. So either Capitols aren't being handing right or something is messed up with my Capitols defense/view value. Can this be fixed?

KGB
KGB

Postby ezras » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 am

Did anyone see my post about picking up items? How does one pick up items?
ezras

Postby piranha » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 am

Yes, I fixed that and replied to you. Right now 6 items share the same graphics. But you should be able to pick them up and use them.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby SnotlinG » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:30 am

KGB;

BUGS
1) Will check
Edit: Fixed now.

2) Will check

3) This is expected. All players are in WAR from the start (if you check the diplomacy screen you will see this). This as the treachery screen didnt really add anything but confusion.

Issues
1) It should only be visible to the players involved. Added to my todo-list

2) I have fixed it more or less. the values have been a bit messed up, but should be more OK now though.

Also "Click on lava terrain" added to todo-list.
SnotlinG

Return to beta4 discussion