How do teams work?

Want to join a team? or looking for members to your team? Make an announcement here.

How do teams work?

Postby Chazar » Thu May 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I've read the warpedia entry, but I still have some questions about teams:
  • Teams only matter for ladder games, since non-ladder games permit ad-hoc team play anyway, correct?
  • Teams appear to have varying sizes, so not every member of a team has to participate in each game of the team, correct? Are there limits for participation?
  • Can I leave or join a team while a team game is in progress? Does this depend on whether or not I am participating in the team game?
Chazar

Re: How do teams work?

Postby piranha » Fri May 25, 2012 5:20 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes, I think there is a limit of perhaps 10 people on a team. Can't remember for sure.
3. You can leave and you will still continue the game for that team (you also have your individual team player score). You can only be part of one team at a time.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Draxus » Fri May 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Everyone wants to be in Pants...
Draxus

More team game mechanis questions

Postby Chazar » Wed May 30, 2012 8:18 am

More Questions about Team Games:
  1. Can allies stack their units? (e.g. to defend together)
  2. Can my units enter an allied city in order to defend it?
  3. According to warpedia, one can set portals to allied cities. What happens then?
    Do vectored units pop beside the city or inside?
    Do they become owned by the ally or are they still under my control upon arrival?
  4. Can I hand over a city to my ally?
  5. Can I hand over units to my ally?
Chazar

Postby Igor » Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Did you ask your team partners to explain? ;)
Igor

Postby Chazar » Wed May 30, 2012 5:07 pm

These questions are interesting for all players that are about to begin team games, but I could not find an answer in the forums yet, so I decided that it would be beneficial for the community if they were well documented here in the forum, albeit I would even argue that they ought to be answered by the warpedia.

Regardless, I did ask some of my fellow team members already, but I did not receive an answer within the last 24 hours, probably because I asked many questions at once, especially about my ongoing team game. So yes, I did think before I posted that question here, and I would really prefer if you would not clutter this thread by making posts that contribute nothing at all. :(
Chazar

Re: More team game mechanis questions

Postby Moonknight » Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 pm

1. Can allies stack their units? (e.g. to defend together) Nope
  2. Can my units enter an allied city in order to defend it? Yes, as long as there is an open grid
  3. According to warpedia, one can set portals to allied cities. What happens then? Do vectored units pop beside the city or inside? Do they become owned by the ally or are they still under my control upon arrival?
    As long as there is an open grid in the city, they arrive in the city, otherwise outside. They remain in your control
  4. Can I hand over a city to my ally? Nope, although upon surrenderring or timing out, cities are now distributed among remaining team members. I'm not fully sure on the rules regarding the transfer though
  5. Can I hand over units to my ally?
Nope
Moonknight

Postby Igor » Wed May 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Chazar wrote:Regardless, I did ask some of my fellow team members already, but I did not receive an answer within the last 24 hours, probably because I asked many questions at once, especially about my ongoing team game. So yes, I did think before I posted that question here, and I would really prefer if you would not clutter this thread by making posts that contribute nothing at all. :(

I gave you good advice, man. If you haven't connection with your team, how can you play in the same game with them? This game will not be so good for the team, probably. Try to interact with your team before start practice which you need much more than all answers on all questions. Think about, man, and go to get practice :lol:
Igor

Return to Team discussion