What thing US president said this time

Discuss anything here

Re: What thing US president said this time

Postby Igor » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Ukraine, as she was, no longer exists. And will never be such as before.
Ukraine has two parts, East and West and they conflict with each other. It was even during the Second World War, so it is now.
There is nothing surprising in the fact that after the mass burning of people in Odessa, Eastern Republics decided to become independent from the aggressive country Ukraine. Both republics begged to be in Russia, but Russia did not go for it. However, Russia helps both republics with moral support that provides accurate information of the world community about the real events, of regular killings of civilians with Ukrainian shrapnel shells.
You can not force the people to be part of the state, shooting them with a systems of mass fire.
As Kosovo wanted independence, being populated mostly Albanians, so Luhansk and Donetsk Republic became independent, being populated mostly Russian people. Both republics defend their territory.
Igor

Postby Igor » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:26 pm

piranha wrote:I've mostly read about the Ukraine thing in various Swedish media where they are called pro russian rebels.

Ghm... Let me suppose these sources with low probability will tell any truth about Russia.
How do you think what countries stimulate EU to get more sanctions against Russia?
Here they are: USA, Britain, Poland, Sweden.
1. USA already imposed sanctions against Russia, they were initiators, also US media started world-wide anti-Russian propaganda.
2. Britain. This is little brother of USA. Did you know that George Bush had a dog in Britain? It was poodle. What is the name of the poodle? This was Tony Blaire. Media told about this a dozen years ago, then Bush was forced to excuse this. You may read something of this here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_politics/2721513.stm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00760.html
The question: Who is now 'Bush's poodle'?
3. Poland. Polish Foreign Minister told to the member of leading Polish political party that they make blow job for americans for nothing.
You may read about this here:
http://www.newsweek.com/we-gave-america ... ter-255863
(in Polish) http://www.wprost.pl/ar/453226/Rozmowa- ... ierewicza/
Also Poland asks to USA to open more military bases on Polish territory.
4. Sweden. What country helped Britain to arrest the best fighter for the freedom of information, Julian Assange? What country found the girl-friend youth to fabricate accusation? You're right, it's Sweden.
Do you really expect to watch truth in Sweden media? ;)
Well, reading only in Sweden how can you hope to get true information about world events? :)

piranha wrote:Considering how the invasion on Krim Putin denied that they were Russian and the soldiers denied being Russian too I don't see much reason to trust what they call themselves or what Putin says.

Krym was a part of Russia very long time, till 1954, when this part of Russia was given to Ukraine as a gift. Soviet leader didn't ask the people of Krym do they wish to be ukrainians or not. Willful decision. Now people of Krym have made referendum where they clearly said what they want - to be a part of Russia. Without any military operation, using only civil institutes. I don't understand why so many noise were about it. After being in captivity during 60 years (1954-2014) Krym is now part of Russia again.

Piranha, if you will tell more detail about what did you tell that 'Putin denied', may be I will help you more to know the truth.

piranha wrote:Just looking at what the rebels done so far to me it seems obvious they are not normal civilians who riot but a trained organised army.

What the rebels done?
Anybody can say 'they done', it's so easy. That is should be why american propaganda, including his part through friendly Sweden media, has such success: all is very simple, no facts, just enough to state that the facts exist: they did, and doesn't matter what they did.
Piranha, you may be looking being deep in captivity of empty words :)

piranha wrote:We all have our own opinion based on what we read and hear and mine is that those rebels are Putins boys running Putins war business.

You're right in the part that every one can have own oppinion whatever it is.
If you are satisfied with your current oppinion, it's so easy to plug your ears and close your eyes, then repeat: I know that american propaganda and Sweden media always tell me the truth, I don't know the facts and I don't need another information, I always believe to propaganda.
Though, if you suppose there is some lie in your country's media, pay some attention to Internet where so many sources of the info that no government is able strongly affect them.
Igor

Postby Igor » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Amazing thing!
White House spokesman Josh Ernest said at a briefing that US administration has found information about rebels' Buk systems in social networks.
(in Russian, from EU oriented russian site) http://news.mail.ru/politics/19001988/?frommail=1

Definitely one who will use this source (social network), he will get the fountainhead of official US information about Kiev's war :lol:
Igor

Postby piranha » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 am

They use the word pro Russian separatists not rebels btw.

When there is a conflict like this different news sources will tell different stories and choose to leave some parts just to suit their own public.
You will have to make up your own truth based on history and on what you read. I't hard to find news sources that are completely objective and that dare report things that are not comfortable for the government of the country they are located in. Al Jazeera tried to be a objective source from the middle east but they have also been forced to not tell the whole truth. I would only put a bit of trust news coming from countries where there is real free speech and that have true democracy and only when reporting things that does not stand in too much conflict or international news sources that have a track record of telling truth.

I know UK is US little brother who take their side in almost any conflict.
When it comes to Sweden it is a country where free speech is held extremely high and corruption is small.
But there are times where what's reported or done stand in conflict with someone with more power and influence. That happened a bunch of times.
The piratebay was taken down because US politicans put enough pressure on Swedish policians who told the police to take the servers. It's illegal here for a politician to tell the police to do something so that's a clear example where our own laws are not followed because some other more powerful country put too much pressure.

There are several examples of similar things happened and it's usually the US or Soviet / Russia who can do thing like that, perhaps China will be doing it too. It's just like a school yard with ill-mannered kids.

When it comes to Julian Assange he should not stand above the law. If he commited sex offence he should not go free. If he didn't he should be free. He should not be deported to the US which I guess he is afraid of. I can see why he doesn't want to take the risk.

About sanctions against Russia, seems like it can't be done by Europa at least. Too dependent on natural resources from Russia. As for the the sanctions done so far all I heard about are blocking of bank accounts for a couple of people. Sounded more like talk and no real action or are there any real sanctions in place now?

I'm not buying into propaganda, I often read on other international news sites but no matter where you read you have to think by yourself and to be able to criticise the stance and reporting.

Discussing politics online is rarely that productive I find. People from all around the world come in with their own background and knowledge and have their opinion of whats right. It can often turn into flame wars.
You have your view on the Ukraine thing and I have another one. I want to think neither is based on sticking the head in the sand and buying whatever told.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Igor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 am

Might I ask you a pair of question to make your position more detailed:
If an information source gives no facts (to say We have facts doesn't mean to show them), but gives only slogans and accusations without real evidence, will you trust such source?
Do you look for easy, external information, may be comfortable for mind, or do you look for many details to make own opinion based on many facts?

And one else question:
If to compare Kosovo and Serbia situation, from one side, and Donetsk and Lugansk republics and Ukraine situation, from the other side, what difference do you see (if you do)?
Igor

Postby Igor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Grim words have heard a pair of hours ago on radio: with the new sanctions Europe has done what terrorists could not - driven a wedge into the world community.
Igor

Previous

Return to Off topic