Prospects of sanctions for Europeans

Discuss anything here

Prospects of sanctions for Europeans

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Russia has traditionally been less susceptible to economic losses than the United States and the EU, "pain threshold" which is much lower. With this assessment of the current confrontation between the West and Russia were in the American investment bank JP Morgan.

In an interview with Bloomberg Television, Andrew Goldberg, global markets strategist at JP Morgan, said that the negative impact of sanctions against Russia for quite evident in the deterioration in the economy in Germany ("Russia Is Weighing on German Orders, Goldberg Says").

Meanwhile, the analyst of a leading investment bank United States also noted that in assessing the growing confrontation between Russia and the West need to consider several factors. One of them, according to Goldberg, is that Russian President Vladimir Putin is much more highly popular in Russia than the European leaders in the EU and Barack Obama in the United States. At the same time, according to experts, the current crisis will inevitably lead to a weakening of growth in the world economy as a whole.

"It should be understood that the adoption of sanctions against Russia will inevitably hit those countries that have accepted them. Russia has repeatedly demonstrated that can make a very serious pressure. Her story confirms it. Russian - a fairly strong people who can endure severe trials: their "pain threshold" is much higher than that of Americans or Europeans. Therefore, it is quite obvious that Vladimir Putin will not give in to the pressure that it is now providing. At the same level of support in Russia is much higher than that of the leaders of the USA and the EU. It must also be considered when assessing the situation.

If you look at the reaction of the world's markets, so far they are pretty soft on the development of the crisis in relations between the West and Russia. Many argue that the volume of the Russian economy is not so great on the scale of the global economy. In my opinion, it is too lightweight approach. We already see that the sanctions against Russia negatively affect the economic performance of countries in Europe. I think in the future, this crisis will inevitably have a significant negative impact on investor sentiment as well as on the growth rate of the world economy as a whole.

I would be well advised to pay attention to the fact that winter is coming. Vladimir Putin in this regard is quite strong trump card in the form of resources. Look at the conflicts of previous years. In the 70s, when the Middle East, Israel waged a war against the Arab countries and the United States also took part in this conflict, the response of Middle Eastern countries was quite effective: they just cut off the supply of oil. I am concerned about the possibility of a repetition of such a scenario. Raw materials and energy - is the link between the aggravation of geopolitical risks and real macroeconomic consequences. "

Video: http://www.bloomberg.com/video/russia-i ... AWvow.html
Igor

Return to Off topic