Warbaron's Cup 2013

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: Warbaron's Cup 2013

Postby Igor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 am

I think need to make clear about how long this tourney will go.
Watching last KGB's game, may see that it will not be finished earlier than 26 of Jan., that means this game goes during 3 months on middle-small map.
There is sense to expect that at least one game in round 2nd will be the same principal, that means it also will go during 3 months.
Tourney contains 5 rounds, and even if it will take 4 round as KGB offered, it will take 3 rounds else.
3 months per round means 9-12 months to complete the tourney from now.
This case whole tourney looks like game-maraphon 4-5 times longer than ladder seasons, that is able to downgrade interest to take part in it.
I feel much enough forces to win this tourney but I don't plan to play in it till next october.
I think need to make it clear how long it will be.
Igor

Postby AngryOgre » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 am

I see Igor's point. Perhaps the solution could be to make end ladder season finishing of the last few games after, for example 2 months? Then one could simply plan the beginning of each round to be (for example) the first of Jan, March, May for a three round turnament for example.

Anyone think such a system might be the solution?

AngryOgre
AngryOgre

Postby Igor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:59 pm

AngryOgre offered the idea that can make the tourney length defined. If every round will be started at known date, all the tourney will get definite length.
One thing is that piranha sounded an opinion that "The tournament will take as long as it needs to". But this opinion was posted a pair months ago, when it wasn't clear that each round will take 3+ months, if without limit. May be it's time to put a new look on this.
Hope piranha will visit the thread and make all clear about length of this tourney.
Igor

Postby Moonknight » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Learning process, but the length of time should be set up front...
Moonknight

Postby nagrogin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:36 am

Would be nice if Round2 could separate same-team players into different brackets.

If this is difficult/impossible to accomplish, I can live with playing against a fellow
teammate this round.
nagrogin

Postby KGB » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:04 am

At some point players will have to play teammates if they plan to win and their teammates keep winning as well.

Should that be prevented until round 3 or later?

I plan to start all the games tomorrow if I get the tourney password. So if it's a big deal to separate teammates into other groups, let me know ASAP so I can shuffle players. If I do that, is there any other set rule on who goes where in terms of strength of groups (this is directed toward Igor who did the original placements)?

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:04 am

As I said earlier, nagrogin and Garesch (TND), Euskrit and Chazar (Hadesha Natives), tabanli and Solo (Good Guys) will play vs team partner in the same group. May be a reason to split the players to different groups.
Would be good if KGB will finally fill all groups. This is possible, to fill groups doesn't require any map or password :D
Igor

Postby KGB » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:49 pm

I already placed Solo and Smursh last night.

I split up the 3 sets of teammates this afternoon.

KGB
KGB

Postby Chazar » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:40 pm

I'm still going against my team mate Euskrit in Group D. :(
Chazar

Postby KGB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:09 am

WTF! All 3 team mates are still going against each other. I know I separated all 3 sets of teams.

I can only guess I didn't hit the Update Player button and so it didn't save and then when I went back later to send out the group emails it reloaded as it originally was. I wish the page notified you in some way when there are unsaved changes :(

Since I already sent out start notices to players it's probably too late now because I'd have to resend notices for all the groups I adjusted.

KGB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs
KGB

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments