Warbaron's Cup 2013

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: Warbaron's Cup 2013

Postby Igor » Thu May 22, 2014 11:02 pm

KGB wrote:The items still aren't well guarded enough considering many of them are L3 items. If they were in a L3 ruin with just 2 Vampires or 3 Mummies you'd need 28 UL to reach 90% to get them. 28 UL is quite hard to get. These items should hard to get too. I'd add another Giant and a Unicorn to make 7 units there.

I thought to raise tower defence to 15. I'll put a look on this once again.

KGB wrote:It's about to be a long weekend here in the US and I'll be going away for it. So likely games won't start till early next week.
KGB

What games? Who vs whom? There is nothing in the tournament lobby for 3rd round.
Igor

Postby KGB » Fri May 23, 2014 10:01 pm

The tower defense still seems to be 10 when I look at the latest submission.

Igor wrote:What games? Who vs whom? There is nothing in the tournament lobby for 3rd round.

Pretty sure I got all the winners and second place finishers correct.

Results of Round 2:

Group A
1) Igor
2) Zillusion

Group B
1) Tim
2) Piranha

Group C
1) Strach
2) Nagrogin

Group D
1) Euskrit
2) Chazar

Note: In group D there was a 3 way tie but Tabanli is dropping out of the tourney. Technically Chazar takes 1st place based on his head-2-head win over Euskrit. HOWEVER that leaves me with an impossible bracket for round 3 (ie I have to put 2 players in the same bracket (Piranha/Zillusion OR Chazar/Nagrogin) who already played in the same bracket in round 1). So that doesn't happen I am flipping the winner in Group D.

I've updated the lobby now for round 3.

Group A
Igor
Euskrit
Piranha
Nagrogin

Group B
Tim
Strach
Zillusion
Chazar

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Fri May 23, 2014 10:26 pm

KGB wrote:The tower defense still seems to be 10 when I look at the latest submission.

I added dwarf to guards. All together look powerfull enough, and in the same time possible to beat.
Also there are orcs on L1 ruins and pikemen in snow cities, which were not in v.1.0
Igor

Postby KGB » Sat May 24, 2014 2:07 am

The Orcs on the L1 ruins are probably a waste. Only 1 of them and only 15 strength. Won't be able to kill anything so will just provide some free XP. That's not the worst thing in the world :)

The Pikemen are a good addition. Those snow cites were too easy to take given all the other islands were 'active' and producing units. The other choice was to make those cities active too but the Pikeman at least makes them a bit tougher and no longer vulnerable to a solo Assassin.

I hope the guards for the items are enough. Still worries me that it's easy to just march up there with Dwarves and attack at 30 strength since it's on hills. 8 Dwarves will kill most of what's there and what survives can be mopped up with just about anything. It would have made more sense to change to snow and put 5 Yeti and a Mammoth in the tower. Strong terrain bonus, morale bonus and good warding.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sat May 24, 2014 6:56 am

I tried to do guards more strong but not impossible to beat ;)
8 dwarfs can destroy may be a half of defenders in one of 6 towers. Thus it's long process. That's good to get taking items not so quick as before.

Pikemen really will be very useful vs single assassin.
Orcs not the best guards of course, but that's better than nothing. Not necessary to have strong guards there.
Igor

Postby Igor » Sat May 24, 2014 7:43 am

Just put a look on completed games of 2nd round.
I won 2 games at 11th of February, was waiting for zillusion till 15th of March to complete my 3rd game. Then was just waiting for 2 and a half months till the end of the round.

Looks that I was absolutely right when said that the tournament will finish at the 1st half of 2015th year.
This case the date in the name of the tournament will look very funny :D
Igor

Postby KGB » Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Igor wrote:Looks that I was absolutely right when said that the tournament will finish at the 1st half of 2015th year.
This case the date in the name of the tournament will look very funny :D

Then you better get busy defeating your opponents in round 3 :)

I've created the Round 3 games and sent email to the players in each group along with the passwords.

I'm pretty sure they are all part of the right tourney since it accepted my tourney password. Let me know if they aren't or there is a problem accessing games.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:59 pm

I don't see my opponents, except Piranha whom I play with, and don't see the games.
Igor

Postby KGB » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:10 pm

I think Nagrogin said he couldn't start on time due to work reasons.

I'll setup the missing games again from this bracket shortly.

KGB
KGB

Postby KGB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:54 pm

I've set up all the games for this bracket besides the one that started (Igor-Piranha).

I sent email again to all the players in the bracket asking them to join their games.

KGB
KGB

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments