Warbaron's Cup 2013

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: Warbaron's Cup 2013

Postby piranha » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Ok all players have received 300 credits which give you 30 days silver account and will get you started with all the tournament games in round 1.
The next round is most likely going to take more than 30 days before it's started so you will either have to not start any other games to save up your 3 spots for the next round, or buy more credits.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby tabanli » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:18 pm

What is the password for the games?
tabanli

Postby Igor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Passwords to the tourney games are in message sent to all players who is in.
Igor

Postby piranha » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:27 am

There is a tournament wall now on the tournament page where you can see all the games when they are completed. There is already 1 game listed there :-).
piranha
Site Admin

Postby AngryOgre » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Also a heartfelt thanks from me to the Warbarons staff for the solution. And again, a big thanks to Igor for taking over a lot of administrative stuff that sudden work pressure prevented me from taking care of and to all the other people who just jumped in there with their ideas and helped to get this to a launch!! I sincerely hope the solution will make all of us happy - and if we made a few mistakes along the way (for my part underestimating how much time it would take :-) ) then we also learned a lot about how to organize the Warbarons Cup 2014 ;-). Again, I am really impressed of how great people have been in helping make this happen! Good games everyone! -AngryOgre
AngryOgre

Postby Moonknight » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm already getting confused keeping these 5 games straight all on the same map!

:)
Moonknight

Postby tabanli » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Moonknight wrote:I'm already getting confused keeping these 5 games straight all on the same map!

:)

I have to agree. It is much easier to play 5 games on 5 different map. I sometimes get confused and keep searching for the scouts that I send and realizing that it was another game. What makes things worse is that I can't play with the same strategy as the starting gold and the power unit at my island changes. In one game I got high level Assasin, in another high level Barbarian. But in one game I am really struggling to level up be cause I had to avoid the Mammoth in my Island and the other islands looks real tough too. Let's see.
tabanli

Postby KGB » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:01 pm

tabanli wrote:What makes things worse is that I can't play with the same strategy as the starting gold and the power unit at my island changes. In one game I got high level Assasin, in another high level Barbarian. But in one game I am really struggling to level up be cause I had to avoid the Mammoth in my Island and the other islands looks real tough too.

That's the only thing that keeps these games from being too repetitive since they are all on the same map.

Next round should definitely use 2 different maps given that there will be more than 5 games. Not sure we can have 4-5 maps but at least 2 different ones from this one is needed. Even if those maps take longer to play time turn wise because we'll be down to far fewer players so we can afford games that take more turns to complete.

KGB
KGB

Postby tabanli » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:43 am

Let's change the default map. Any suggestion?
tabanli

Postby KGB » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Since next round will have FAR fewer players and presumably more dedicated players who aren't going to be leaving the site in the middle of the tournament I'd suggest using maps that take longer to finish. I think we need at least 2 different maps so that half your games are on one map and half on another.

1) Colorful Snowflake - Retains a water themed map that we are using now
2) Bullrun OR Battlefield - Adds an open flavored map that provides enough other terrain types to keep things interesting and prevent Horselord from being too dominant.
3) Mitchuaquan - Half way between Colorful Snowflake and Bullrun/Battlefield in terms of water/land plus it includes some tougher neutrals to prevent a lone L3 assassin from being 100% able to take any neutral.

KGB
KGB

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments