Tournaments

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: Tournaments

Postby Igor » Sat May 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Hmm... I remembered that 8 Kingdoms map had random start points sometimes. A horde of games were completed on it, one of most popular map.
Battle Field map has now strong items in the center. This map is very often in use.
Thus I see no problem both in random start positions and strong items in the center.
If you wish to make changes in Colourful Snowflake map you can do it in regular regime. And in the same time this map can be in use as it already is.

I see your posts on Map feedback thread. Will be add something from myself :)
Igor

Postby KGB » Sat May 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Igor wrote:Hmm... I remembered that 8 Kingdoms map had random start points sometimes. A horde of games were completed on it, one of most popular map.

And a starving man will eat Rats if that's all that's available. But if there were other choices, would he still eat those Rats? Unlikely. Once upon a time there were many fewer maps to choose from and there wasn't the ability to set up starting spots. So players had no real choice but to accept the random start spots in 8 Kingdoms. That's not the case now which is why I fixed it.

Also, Snowflake has only 6 start spots. There are only 15 possible starting combinations for 2 players. 6 of those are next to each other meaning 40% of games start next to each other. 8 Kingdoms has start 8 spots and 28 possible starting combinations for 2 players. 8 of those are next to each other meaning only 29% of games start next to each other.

Igor wrote:Battle Field map has now strong items in the center. This map is very often in use.
Thus I see no problem both in random start positions and strong items in the center.

The items in the middle in Battlefield are what makes it unique and interesting as a map. Plus your center area is MUCH larger and better defended (2 Giants and 1 Ghost is a joke for L3 items when you can potentially get 3 of them per turn and 6 in 2 turns). Why copy that concept on another map? I don't think all 6 items need to be removed. But why not remove say 4 of them and leave just 2 good items there. Then place 6 items in the 6 cities on the outer islands between the start areas and make those cities a bit better defended than 2 units (say 4 units). Then you have more options / strategies for players and you aren't copying what you already have in Battlefield.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sun May 04, 2014 12:17 pm

1st round in Grand Final is completed. After 2 last games were over, me and Kerog took places in 2nd round.
Igor

Postby Igor » Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 pm

New tournament on Central Sahara map is opened for new participants.
This for best players on this map and for all who simply like to play here.
Players which are already in:
Piranha
Igor
Strach
Art
IsoA
Ikebod
Gil
nobibla
AtomicDustmen
Seraad
SirDrinkALot
Structure of the tournament will depend on how many players will join.
Tournament is open for new members till number of players gets enough :-)
Igor

Postby Igor » Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 pm

1/16 of the final in Airstream tournament is finished. Seven winners goes farther where nine players already are. Pairs for 1/8 of the final is defined accordingly with alphabet of all 16 players, 1st one plays with 2nd, 3rd plays with 4th etc till one before last plays with last one.
Pairs for 1/8 of the final are:

AtomicDustmen - Balian
bjerk - FatsXL
Feanor - gil
Igor - IsoA
LordNerevar - marc
mike - mowhar
nobibla - Seraad
smursh - Snow

You may watch how the tournament is going, using lobby Ladder / Tournament - Airstream, and cheering for your favorite player.
Igor

Postby Igor » Wed May 14, 2014 1:47 pm

First significant event has happened in Sahara fight tournament.
Art just won (in the same day) both games and has become the winner of group C. Art takes a place in 2nd round, group A.
Smursh and Nobibla are continuing to fight for second place in group C that also gives a place in 2nd round.
Igor

Postby Igor » Sat May 17, 2014 3:51 am

Smursh won second place in group C Sahara fight tournament and takes a place in 2nd round, group B.
Igor

Postby Igor » Sat May 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Airstream tournament just started quarterfinals. Watch them on the Ladder / Tournament lobby.
Igor

Postby Igor » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:24 pm

Round 1st of Sahara fight tournament is completed. Players who goes to the 2nd round are shown at the Tournament Lobby.
Igor

Postby Igor » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:58 pm

There is time for semifinal games in Airstream tournament.
Balian vs Igor,
mowhar vs Seraad.
Igor

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments