2v2 Tournament

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

2v2 Tournament

Postby Moonknight » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello valiant teams of Warbarons! We are looking to have our first ever 2v2 tournament!

For this first team tournament, you may only pair up with someone from your current team. More than one pair of players can represent each team, but each individual player can only be in one pairing.

Games will be ladder games, except for when two pairs from the same team go head-to-head.

Teams (editing list as I get responses from e-mail invites or forum responses):
Boda - Team A: Sowiloa/Mnvalente

Cimmerians - Team A: Moonknight/gil
Cimmerians - Team B: smursh/Feanor
Cimmerians - Team C: mowhar/Stafford
Cimmerians - Team D: Omen/SCIkick

Hadesha Natives - Team A: Tim/Chazar

Milan - Team A: AngryOgre/SirDrinkALot

No Pain - Team A: Balian/jipee
No Pain - Team B: nunno18/Minderbinder

None Shall Pass - Team A: Qwertius/BowenTheKotoc

Pork Brothers - Team A: KGB/jetigig

Team Sture - Team A: fjutt/bajsarneskaramellfab

WarBarons - Team A: piranha/Goldfish
WarBarons - Team B: SnotlinG/Modman74
Last edited by Moonknight on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Moonknight

Re: 2v2 Tournament

Postby jetigig » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:02 pm

How long will the turns be in these games?
jetigig

Postby KGB » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:18 pm

How can that work?

Lets say you enter 2 teams with random players (4 players total). If one of those teams doesn't make round 2, how can all 4 of you move on? Somehow you have to decide which 2 players are moving on.

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:15 pm

I'd rather it be set pairs for this tournament.

That way when Team A is playing Team B of the same Team it will be set. Otherwise, that doesn't make much sense.
Moonknight

Postby Chazar » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:09 pm

I think random/unfixed teams should only be allowed for teams with one single entry in the tournament.

Otherwise it allows too much tactical leeway by placing strong players against the stronger opponent.

Unfixed teams might be good for smaller teams though. For example, I fear that I might not manage all games at once, but if we could be recruiting from 3 players we could for sure.
Chazar

Postby KGB » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:35 pm

I agree with MoonKnight.

Is this team tourney supposed to be about:
1) Which Warbarons 'Team' (Pork Brothers, Cimmerans etc) is the best?
2) Which pair of players (KGB-Jetigig) are the the best?

If the answer is (1) then each Warbarons Team should be restricted to 1 entry. That entry could then use any players from the team in any game (as Igor wants to do)
If the answer is (2) then any number of 2 player teams can be entered (including multiple from the same Warbarons team). However you are restricted to 1 team mate for the entire tourney.

This needs to be decided and clarified.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:34 pm

I mostly think about team tournament where teams could be able to play 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 games.
But as Moonknight had started to prepare 2v2 only tournament I will take a pause for starting team tournament till the end of october or so.
I also think about one funny fast tournament in december.
Igor

Postby Moonknight » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:23 am

Decided then, this first "team" tournament will be set pairings from formal teams. I personally like this b/c it gives a chance to have to play against other teammates.

Some teams are still discussing their interest and piranha stated that he and SnotlinG should have the system in place to handle this tournament in the next week.

Igor, any set pairings from Good Guys going to join this one?
Moonknight

Postby jetigig » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:28 am

Moonknight wrote:Decided then, this first "team" tournament will be set pairings from formal teams. I personally like this b/c it gives a chance to have to play against other teammates.

I also like this because it gives players on teams with many members who all want to play (Cimmerians for example) a chance to compete. Nobody is excluded unless they can't find a partner.

Also, I don't think my question was ever answered: How long will the turns on these games be?
jetigig

Postby Igor » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 am

Hmm... When one part of a team fights against another part it looks like civil war inside the team.
Team tournament, as I understand it, is when one team plays vs another teams only.
At my look this tournament is much far from team one.
Moonknight wrote:Igor, any set pairings from Good Guys going to join this one?

Unfortunately my point of joining hasn't been heared enough. We got the info message and will give an answer if somebody of us will decide to join.
As for me, I don't know, I'm deep in current games now . If you were to organize this in a month or so...
Good luck to you anyway. Hope your team will not kill each other before real team tournament which will start soon.
Igor

Next

Return to Tournaments