World Challenge Tournament

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

World Challenge Tournament

Postby Moonknight » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:53 am

This has been suggested before, but I think we should get it going!

4v4 Tournament where you can pair up with anyone from the same Country as you. Can be members from your official Warbarons team, can be a foursome that aren't on a Warbarons team, or any combination.

We would need the Mods to send a mass e-mail, but I think this could be a lot of fun and a good way to mix things up!

Mods, would there be a way to have these games act like ladder games in that you cannot see your opponent's stats?

Another World Challenge option could be FFA games in which the best from your Country are pitted against each other in the first round, and then the winner of each Country game moves on to the final FFA game.
Moonknight

Re: World Challenge Tournament

Postby KGB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:40 pm

There is no way to play tourney games with players not on your team :(

This is something I had hoped would be added so you could enter 2v2 type tourneys with players you don't normally play with on your regular team games.

KGB
KGB

Postby KGB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm officially out of tourneys right now until the next round of the 2v2 round starts.

So lets get something going soon.

One problem with so many tourneys is that the long delays between rounds tend to lose interest for a lot of players or you get drop outs from the site etc. I suggest that the 3v3 / 4v4 just be 1 big round (play everyone once) so that there is no long delay etc. This would be similar to sit-n-go in poker where you get knocked out but then can jump right back into another tourney right away.

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Mods, are we able to do non-Warbaron teams team-play in Tourneys now? I'd still like to get a World Cup Tournament of some sort going with team play.

Maybe just add an option to turn off 'stats' and 'history' in a non-ladder game?
Moonknight

Return to Tournaments