1vs1 Super tour

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: 1vs1 Super tour

Postby KGB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:16 pm

That doesn't really help those that don't have 'away' privileges. Even if you have 'away' privileges you have to turn it on for all your games since you can't do it for individual games so if you are playing a lot of games and go away for a week you can use hundreds (or thousands) of credits even if all you cared about was 1-2 tourney games that might not even start!

It would be better to find a way for players to have manually start their first turn as before or provide a 'do over' if they miss their first turn and request the do over.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 pm

When I organized tournaments there were 2 tasks, to attract players and then to kick some lazy asses to start games in a new round. Second one sometimes took more energy than first one :) Others who took tournament organizing after me, have made very long pauses between last game in previous round is finished and new games in next round are opened. Thus I have found very useful to start games automatically to let them be faster, and as a player I glad of this.
Igor

Postby Igor » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:39 pm

piranha wrote:We are running another 1 vs 1 tournament and this time we are testing two features of the tournament system, prizes and double elimination.

There is a prize of about 210 Eur in bitcoins (1 bitcoin) spread over a lot of placings. Basically no one will make a large part of the pot but if you win 1 or 2 games you will make something and it's free to join so I hope we can get as many players as possible.

Does Piranha plan to give us the prize we have won? 1 bitcoin (7 000 usd) :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Igor

Previous

Return to Tournaments