1vs1 Super tour

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: 1vs1 Super tour

Postby piranha » Tue May 19, 2015 2:28 pm

If you lose you fall down into the loser brackets. So yes you have to lose 2 times regardless of when you lost your first game.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby SnotlinG » Tue May 19, 2015 2:32 pm

There is a winner brackets and a loser brackets.
If you lose from the winner brackets, you will be moved down to the loser brackets.
If you lose from the loser brackets, you are out of the tournament.
In the end if you win round 10 in the loser brackets final, you will be moved up to winner brackets for round 11.
If the player from the winner brackets win the first finale in round 11, the tournament is over.
if the player from the loser brackets win the first finale in round 11, a new finale will be played in round 12 (as all players can loose one game without loosing the tournament. Then the winner of finale in round12 will win the tournament.
Hope this explains, and also make it pretty clear that its a good idea to stay in the winner brackets if possible :-)
SnotlinG

Postby KGB » Tue May 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Understood about it taking 2 losses to be eliminated.

Then why are there bye's in round 1 so that some players enter round 2 at 0-0 instead of 1-0 or 0-1? At *some* point there will end up being byes in the middle rounds simply because the number of players eliminated won't always be even. But whenever possible you should he having all players playing instead of having 8 players on bye in round 1.

Also you seem to have fixed matches. So that the winner of one set of 2 players is playing the winner of another (for example Solo who already won appears he will play Chazar in round 2 assuming Chazar wins). Why is that fixed ahead of time? I would expect the matches in each round to be random (slot according to finish date?)

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Tue May 19, 2015 6:07 pm

Ideally, everyone would have an all-time individual ranking and should be seeded as according. Best players would have a first round bye if there needs to be byes.

In the end, if you want to win the tournament, you'll have to beat the best, twice.
Moonknight

Postby Moonknight » Tue May 19, 2015 6:08 pm

As everyone is playing Abandoned Kingdoms, please make sure to provide feedback on the map on the forums as it is still fairly new!

Much appreciated!
Moonknight

Postby KGB » Tue May 19, 2015 10:28 pm

It appears there are some no-shows in the tourney. The player I am playing appears to have signed up and played a couple AI games and never returned so I'll end up winning in a walkover.

KGB
KGB

Postby KGB » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:40 pm

I've noticed that some players are already starting games in the 4th round (3rd game winners bracket) while most are still playing their first round game!

Are the games being auto-started as soon as they are ready rather than wait for an entire round to complete? This is going to lead to players having months off between games as they wait for someone to fill the other spot in their bracket if they are allowed to get 2+ games ahead of everyone else.

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Games are automatically started as ready KGB.

I don't like the way that the loser's bracket is getting assigned. I beat jetigig in the first round, so he drops to the losers bracket. If I lose against gil this round, I'll be playing jetigig again (he advanced automatically to the next round of the losers bracket).

Star may play torus for the second time, piranha is playing Celeb for the second time, Solo could have played Eccentric for a second time, etc.

Losers of the second round of the winners bracket should be assigned to a different slot in the second round of the losers bracket.
Moonknight

Postby KGB » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:24 pm

I agree with MoonKnight that you shouldn't be re-playing an opponent quite that quickly. Better distribution is needed to ensure playing different players.

I think it's a mistake to auto-start without some kind of set date for a round to begin. What happens if you are away for the start of your game (say you are on your 1+ week vacation) and the next round is auto-started? You could potentially be timed out before you ever have a chance to play? Can you petition for a do-over?

It would be better if future rounds weren't started until a specific date / prior round fully complete to prevent large gaps between games.

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:40 pm

I agree KGB. That exact situation will likely happen to me very soon...
Moonknight

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments