Time for some new tournaments!

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: Time for some new tournaments!

Postby Karma » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello,

nice to hear about new tournaments. I'd propose something with the same parameteres as Igor has posted, but different map. Maybe recently less used, classic, medium-size maps, like Small World or Rivarly.

Postby KGB » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:35 pm

We can certainly do a 2nd tournament on a medium or larger map.

Igor, I am having a problem selecting the Air Stream map. It's giving an error, probably because the map is out of date or something. I sent Piranha a message but have to wait till he responds before we can start a tourney using that map.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:31 pm

If Piranha will be busy to answer, may be Startego (old) map?
Interesting idea about other maps for 2nd tournament, that Karma said about. Different maps, little or medium, for each of 4 rounds.
Igor

Postby Igor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:03 pm

KGB you asked Piranha 3 days ago. How long do you plan be waiting for the response, may be it's time to start the tournament with other map which is possible to be choosen?
And what about second short tournament with rarely used maps?
Igor

Postby KGB » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Igor,

I just tried another map (Digital Clover) . Same error. It seems any time I try and pick maps I get this error so I am stuck until Piranha responds to help fix the issue.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 pm

Well as I know Piranha's usual time to answer this is time to forget of tournaments :lol:
Igor

Postby makmak » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:47 pm

I joined WB 2017 and had no chance to play in a tournament :cry:

I wonder what it takes to set up a tournament.
Wouldn't a 2x2 or 1x1 be a good idea?
makmak

Postby Igor » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 am

Tournaments have now stopped by game creators, nobody but they can create a new one.
I have an idea to make a tournament without using of current tourney system. Just to open a thread on Tournament Forum where to show tables of players and all the results, and where all discussions on the tournament could be. If so, games could be created not automatically but by hands.
To inform others of new tournament may be possibe to send formal message to every one active player. This could take time, may be 2 hours or so, perhaps not too big trouble to start a tournament ourselves :)
Igor

Postby makmak » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Igor wrote:Tournaments have now stopped by game creators, nobody but they can create a new one.
I have an idea to make a tournament without using of current tourney system. Just to open a thread on Tournament Forum where to show tables of players and all the results, and where all discussions on the tournament could be. If so, games could be created not automatically but by hands.
To inform others of new tournament may be possibe to send formal message to every one active player. This could take time, may be 2 hours or so, perhaps not too big trouble to start a tournament ourselves :)

Not a bad idea
:)
I could also knock on admins' door during the upcoming match WB vs Nopain :P

Let's decide on Tour type and if admins don't respond we do it by ourselves
makmak

Postby Igor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 am

I may be interested in short tournament, 3-6 months long no more. I can take a pause time after time and can't be sure to finish more long competition. This is not job but only amusement, and if this will be, let this be not boring :)
Igor

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments