Tour 2018 - Interest declaration - vote on maps and type

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: Tour 2018 - Interest declaration - vote on maps and type

Postby makmak » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Igor wrote:
makmak wrote:Let's open a thread and discuss details
I think 16 players (8 couples)
and same system would be fit

We can discuss long time but if game admins will not agree to create it through the tournament system we should know this will be possibe only with pubic information on forum about how the tournament is going on.
Could you contact admins as our ambassador or this connection is already broken?

I didn't do anything special last time, I just asked admins in game when discussion was finalised and Snotling said ok and created the tour.

I suppose we can do the same for 2x2 but we should have decided all details in advance without bothering admins prior to conclusion...
makmak

Postby fantastory » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am

KGB wrote:I just took a look at the brackets.

Some players are already through to round 3 while round 1 is still taking place.

I know there is incentive to start games ASAP but I don't think new rounds should start until the entire prior round is finished. Nothing worse than the 2 players who are though to round 3 sitting for potentially a month or two before they are able to play another tourney game. I think that's one reason prior tourneys had trouble finishing because players were often waiting so long they lost interest and stopped playing Warbarons so you ended up with walkovers or abandoned tourneys.

KGB

I support this.
The whole round should start at the same time.
fantastory

Postby KGB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:19 am

Round 3 finally starts! I hope the player who finished Round 2 a couple months ago are still here and haven't forgotten the tourney :lol:

Here's something interesting. Last round I went 2nd in all 3 games. This round I am going 1st in all 3 games. Does it randomly choose because it if does it's not exactly fair in these mini groups of 4 players. Ideally each player should go first in at least one of their 3 games.

KGB
KGB

Previous

Return to Tournaments