Tour 2018 - Interest declaration - vote on maps and type

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: Tour 2018 - Interest declaration - vote on maps and type

Postby Moonknight » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Would the 2v2 be limited to "official" teams?

I know they wouldn't be ladder games, but it'd be interesting to allow non-official partnerships.
Moonknight

Postby KGB » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 am

I'll play. While double elimination is nicer it also make the tournament last that much longer. If Igor wants a 3-6 month tourney (which is essentially what one ladder season is with no knockout) then single elimination is probably the only way to go. The bigger issue is going to be map size. All the smaller maps (75x and less) are now totally dominated by the Sorceress ruin hunting so that means larger maps which means longer games and longer tourney...

MookKnight: 2v2 are limited to 'official' teams. The only way around it is to form a new tournament team, leave your current team, join the tourney and start game 1 and then then leave the tournament team and rejoin your old team. You will then have to rejoin your tournament team for each new round.

KGB
KGB

Postby Igor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Really, double elemination would make a tournament 1+ year, as that already was 2-3 times with current tournament system, everyone can watch this in completed tournaments to be sure. Many players will probably not be abe to play such maraphon even if they now are thinking another way.

KGB, old Stratego map is not for Sorceress. On Central Sahara map Sorceress also doubtful one as 1st hero. For example I never took her first, and have not bad success there. May be some other maps also aren't dominated by her.
Igor

Postby makmak » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Group stage should be fast enough because games may run in parallel
:roll:
makmak

Postby Igor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Group round also brings to everyone right on a mistake or on bad dice. Even if to lose one of 3 games this then will be possible to win the group or to take 2nd place, enough to go farther. This works instead of double elimination.
Igor

Postby Stafford » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:44 pm

I'm interested - thanks for organising.
Any format and any map is ok with me
Stafford

Postby Moonknight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:57 am

Count me in for both...
Moonknight

Postby mowhar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:49 am

I want in, and the rest of you can pick whatever maps you want!

We need two tournaments!
One for good old 1 vs 1and

one for teams, and i suggest 3 vs 3.
Most teams here should be able to get a team together for 3vs3, and quite a few teams could field two teams.

Of course we could also have free team building, where players from different teams can band together for this particular tournament. I am mostly happy there are tournaments coming, and dont have strong opinions on the format. I will gladly accept what most people want!

I do like it when there is a chance to make comeback in the 1vs . If you get drawn against igor on one of his favorite maps, you will get a second chance...
mowhar

Postby Igor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:29 am

I would not so hurry with increasing number of players in teams from 2 to 3. We are now a very little community, especialy in teams, and probably there are less than 8 teams now which can set 3+ members, thus this will be even less than 2 groups of 4.
In the same time there are some teams who can set 4 players that means 2 pairs of 2.
I would offer first of all to speack with teams who will be in and then, if this will be possible and necessarry, to be back to discussion on number of players in the team for the tournament.
Igor

Postby makmak » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Igor wrote:I would not so hurry with increasing number of players in teams from 2 to 3. We are now a very little community, especialy in teams, and probably there are less than 8 teams now which can set 3+ members, thus this will be even less than 2 groups of 4.
In the same time there are some teams who can set 4 players that means 2 pairs of 2.
I would offer first of all to speack with teams who will be in and then, if this will be possible and necessarry, to be back to discussion on number of players in the team for the tournament.

I fully endorse the above...
We are 4 in no pain, if it is teams of 3 one will stay out :cry:
There should also be other teams that would face the same problem including Admins themselves :P
I think that pairs is the best affordable team play and preferably there should be no team restriction... :roll:
makmak

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments