4 x 4 tour

Discuss ongoing tournaments and plans for new tournaments

Re: 4 x 4 tour

Postby Chazar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:30 pm

It does have double elimination, at least for single elimination (edit: ../for single player tournaments)
Chazar

Postby Vicotnic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:41 pm

If so I think that would be a good idea, then again Im probobly not taking part so shouldnt have a say ^^
Vicotnic

Postby KGB » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:50 am

Chazar wrote:It does have double elimination, at least for single elimination

I think you meant for single player.

What you wrote is a bit of an Oxymoron :lol:

KGB
KGB

Postby Chazar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 am

@KGB: Yes, of course, for single player.
@makmak: The way double elimination worked, it was winners/losers bracket, so you would always encounter different opponents, except for the last game.

I think Double Elimination would be the best realistic choice for this tournament, ensuring that every team plays at least two games in the tournament.
Chazar

Postby makmak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Chazar wrote:@KGB: Yes, of course, for single player.
@makmak: The way double elimination worked, it was winners/losers bracket, so you would always encounter different opponents, except for the last game.

I think Double Elimination would be the best realistic choice for this tournament, ensuring that every team plays at least two games in the tournament.

@kgb and @chasar please elaborate how double elimination works and how many maps are needed
:?
makmak

Postby Chazar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:13 pm

I guess just having a look at completed tournaments with Double Elimination might explain it better than I do (eg LadderCup1 is a good example), but I'll give it a try nevertheless:

Double Elimination: First round is in pairs, ie. all teams fight one battle against somone else.
Afterwards, all winners are paired up in the usual fashion.

However, all losers get another chance and are paired up with another loser. The player that loses is eliminated from the tournament, but any player with [loss,win] gets paired up with a player having [win,loss].

This carries on until eventually you are left with a team having won all games and a team that has won all games except for one. They play again until a one of the teams has two losses, all played on the same map

For maps: You need just one more map for that final round; otherwise it is the same.

Does this help?
Chazar

Postby makmak » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Chazar wrote:I guess just having a look at completed tournaments with Double Elimination might explain it better than I do (eg LadderCup1 is a good example), but I'll give it a try nevertheless:

Double Elimination: First round is in pairs, ie. all teams fight one battle against somone else.
Afterwards, all winners are paired up in the usual fashion.

However, all losers get another chance and are paired up with another loser. The player that loses is eliminated from the tournament, but any player with [loss,win] gets paired up with a player having [win,loss].

This carries on until eventually you are left with a team having won all games and a team that has won all games except for one. They play again until a one of the teams has two losses, all played on the same map

For maps: You need just one more map for that final round; otherwise it is the same.

Does this help?

To confirm we are on the same page on how double elimination works:
8 teams play round 1 map

4 losers play again round 1 map
2 of them win and advance to round 2, 2 are out

4 winners play round 2 map
2 of them win and advance to semifinal
2 of them lose and play off round 2 map against the 2 teams who won the round 1 play off among losing teams

Semifinal, final

If I got it right it guarantees 2 games per team but not simultaneously

That is, it takes a round longer than groups but does not consume players energy with 3 parallel games and guarantees 2 games per team.

Please confirm
makmak

Postby Chazar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 pm

Yes, I think so.
Chazar

Postby makmak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:09 am

We have 7 teams interested so I suppose we shall find the 8th
No Pain
Warabarons
LoKarma
GOO
Nights
Hadesha
Fejak
8-)

So if everyone is ok we go double elimination, 2d starting 31 March

Round 1
Illuria Balanced N vs S

Round 2
Orrwars N Vs S

Semifinals
Word of Midgrad E Vs W

Final
Alamaze
makmak

Postby Igor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 pm

Good Guys are in.

Mammak, take off Illuria, it's boring already. There should be couple of big maps which were rarely used.
Igor

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments