103 active players = warbarons will die?

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

103 active players = warbarons will die?

Postby Negern » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 pm

I haven't played for long. Just a game or two now and then. But I check in occasionaly to see how it's going. Right now, I got a bit of a surprise! You have only 103 active players, and instead of focusing on recruiting new players, you still keep up with the translations into new languages! It's like having cancer but focusing on treating a cold!

If i were you i would try to recruit new players instead! How many hours have you spent on translating the wiki into different languages, that could otherwise have been spent gathering new players? There are less and less active players every time i log in.

One thing for example, when i checked your facebook profile just now, was that your last post was about that the server was down and you didn't know the reason. There were other posts like that too. I think it's discouraging for people. If I were to decide which bank to open an account in i would never choose one that only writes about their technical issues on facebook. Just delete it and post something that will make people want to register.
Negern

Re: 103 active players = warbarons will die?

Postby Omen » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:02 am

Start doing your part in saving Warbarons, and play regularly.

Merry Christmas!
Omen

Postby Negern » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:26 pm

down to 94! I think me playing or not wont make much of a difference!
Negern

Postby Todzo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:34 pm

I guess I'm arriving late to the party (just joined) and hope death is not imminent! Then again, I thought the same thing about Star Chamber which is what I played after DLR went away, and it eventually died. I just cannot understand why my favorite games are not popular. The stuff on mobile is just so terrible (even the mind-wasters I do play). Anyway, my thanks for this game and all the people who made it happen.
Todzo

Postby KGB » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:17 am

I think the biggest problem the game ended up having is that the game interface doesn't work very well on mobile (tablet/phone). It's great on a PC but the vast majority of PC players are expecting to see animations/sound in a actual native program rather than a browser based game that is still quite slow in Internet Explorer.

The mobile/phone arena was a place Warbarons could find success because the expectations are lower for games need to have. But for that to happen the interface for playing would need to be a lot better/easier to use (map making would be almost impossible on mobile for example).

KGB
KGB

Postby Negern » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 am

Down to 93 in less than one month!

According to alexa only 22 pages link to www.warbarons.com
Google and other search enginges rank pages according to among many other things how many sites link to them. So if you want warbarons to grow just link to them in an appropriate place. Like in a discussion about strategy games or whatever. Text has to be blue and clickable link for it to work, i think.
Negern

Postby makmak » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:02 am

Hi,

I am a newcomer in warbarons.

I was discussing with a colleague on old time strategy games and opened wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlords_ ... _series%29

I took a look and having an experience in turn based strategy I gave it a try.

Mates. the game is not known to public.
I accidentally bumped in the game and got hooked

Someone should advertise the game as a deeply strategic / player decided speed / turn based / clever fantasy game

My 2 cents
makmak

Postby LordNerevar » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:32 am

I think that better search engine optimalization could definitely help. For instance, if I put "warlords" in google (because maybe I am a fan of that old turn based game and I am looking for a newer versions or remake), there is no link to warbarons.

Such kind of an optimalization shouldn't be expensive, should be? There is probably a problem that search engines should be differently optimalized in a different countries, but it shouldn't be difficult to optimalize at least somewhere.

The way I found out that warbarons years ago exists was on an Infinite Interactive forum website. Which is quite dead now.
LordNerevar

Postby KGB » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:54 pm

The Infinite site is still up or a new incarnation of it is.

Also my Warlorders site has a link to Warbarons and anyone searching for Warlords finds their way there. Now whether they check the site links is another matter entirely but they can find it that way.

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:56 am

KGB wrote:The Infinite site is still up or a new incarnation of it is.

Also my Warlorders site has a link to Warbarons and anyone searching for Warlords finds their way there. Now whether they check the site links is another matter entirely but they can find it that way.

KGB

You have a Warlords website?
Moonknight

Next

Return to Game discussion