90%-rule and Ambush

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

90%-rule and Ambush

Postby Benis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Exactly how does ambush figure in when the 90%-rule is in action? I guessed it is calculated into the 90% to win stat but some battles have left me unsure. Basically does the 90%-rule protect you from ambush?
Benis
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 am

Re: 90%-rule and Ambush

Postby KGB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Ambush is figured into the 90% rule (game simulates 1000 combats with all bonus's to arrive at the winning % numbers and chances of survival). For example a Barbarian with 5 hits at 75 strength vs a single Orc is never any better than 94% chance to win (6% ambush chance) and never better than 88% against 2 Orcs (.94*.94=.88).

So no it does not protect you from ambush.

KGB
KGB
 
Posts: 2990
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:06 am

Re: 90%-rule and Ambush

Postby Zywus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Although in the example of a barb vs one orc, you could say that the 90% rule protects the barbarian from ambush in the sense that he cannot be ambushed if the fight% goes over 90 (with the chance of ambush being included).

I suspect that's what Benis was wondering. Whether or not there's always a risk of getting ambushed or if ambush simply is included in the regular calculation. And it seems the answer is no: in certain matchups, you can have good enough procentages to be safe from ambush.
Zywus
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: 90%-rule and Ambush

Postby Benis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Yeah, exactly as Zywus said. Still your answer does solve my question, KGB, thank you!
Benis
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 am

Re: 90%-rule and Ambush

Postby SoulMan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Yes, 90% rule protects You from ambush. For example 44 battle barb vs 6% ambush and 10 battle single orc has ~93% to win, so he cannot be ambushed.

Funny thing is battle of 20 battle 95% ambush Assassin (total ambush is capped at 95%) vs 70 battle, 4 HP Barb. Assassin has just about 95% to win and if ambush will not kill Barbarian, he will reroll and kill him in usual fight due to 90% rule.
SoulMan
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 4:50 pm


Return to Game discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php