Wizaards

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Wizaards

Postby KGB » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:28 pm

What do you think the chances are we could see a quick edit to prevent Wizards from appearing in players Capitols?

I've been in at least 6 games (with 2 more in progress) now where someone has gotten a Wizard in the capitol. I've been lucky enough to win 1 only because my opponent had some bad luck on the early turns with his first couple of Wizards against neutrals. Otherwise I'd be 0-6 looking at going potentially 0-8.

It's to the point now where if I see a Wizard in someone's capitol I'm just going to resign on turn 1 as there is no point fighting an uphill battle.

KGB
KGB

Re: Wizaards

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:06 pm

I´ll discuss with Piranha when he is back from vacation (again! :o ).
Is this how everyone is feeling about wizards as starting units?

(For Beta3 we will tweak wizards as well as several other units, so this questions is only relevant for beta2 games.)
SnotlinG

Postby steff » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:00 pm

I agree. A wizard in the capitol is too powerful.
I had it in one of my games and I eliminated two of my opponents in three turns. KGB knows..... ;-)
steff

Postby KGB » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Steff,

It's happened to me in more than one game. :( In the game you speak of I also lost my hero on the initial city I attacked which didn't help matters.

Plus I still haven't gotten Wizards in my capitol yet so I can eliminate someone on turn 2 or 3. :twisted:

KGB
KGB

Postby Mouf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:42 am

I am in complete agreement that Wizards should not be in Capitals. Quick expansion is key to success and Wizards make that much too easy. I'm in a game right now where I have Wizards in my Capital and I've expanded much faster and farther than any of the other players, and it is only turn six. Starting with Wizards is too great an advantage.
Mouf

Return to Game discussion