Betagame 2

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Betagame 2

Postby pilpovic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:21 pm

When do we start? And do I get a mail when we start?
pilpovic

Re: Betagame 2

Postby flash » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:27 pm

The game seems to be gone?
flash

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:19 pm

The game has been started! :-)
SnotlinG

Postby pilpovic » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:50 am

The game has started and it looks great. Sorry, should I post my annoncements here or in the chat?

So far it looks really great, especially the unitz are much more detailled then in the real game. I like your style. I've put a link on the wikipedia page. If you don't want that, you can delete it yourself or tell me to do so.

I haven't yet figured out how to get back to the main page, once I am on the map of the "real game".

When will there come ruins and temples?

Can I create a map myself to send to you or is it very difficult?

Sorry for the lots of things, but I guess that's what the beta version is for, right?
pilpovic

Postby piranha » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:00 am

Hello Pilpovic!

Its great to hear that you like what we have so far!
You can post in the forum.
Thanks for the link. All links are welcome since we want to build a fun community with ladders, alliances and competitions. The more people the more alive and interesting it will be.

There is no other way than erasing part of the URL to get back to account. I've thought about that myself. There is a link in the menu called account and I'll make that link take you back to account soon.

You can try the mapeditor and we can use the map in new games if you create one.
This is the URL to the editor: http://www.warlordsplayonline.com/warlo ... editor.php

You can save your map in the menu file->save map and load it later and continue work on it.
file->finalize map is when the map is completed. After finilizing it that version of the map will be saved away and cant be changed anymore so games can be started on it and the map wont be changed when someone is playing on it.

The editor is also in a beta stage, for example smartborders doesnt work for hills / mountains.
Feel free to try it out.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby SnotlinG » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Summary of feedback:

- Armyreport shows only armies from betagame1

- mouesover info for buttons and shields (turnorder both in game and from account page)

- game turncounter in account-page shows the first´s games turn for all games (seems to show wrong turn even in the other games) FIXED: incorrect turn-increment.

- biggletters are missing space or - in "Skara Brae"

- Add gamename somewhere in the main gamescreen?
SnotlinG

Postby pilpovic » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:48 pm

The third game only shows up temporarily. Is that possible?
pilpovic

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Could you explain a bit more? :-)

We have had some issues during game-initialization, so maybe this is what has been a bit confusing. We had to re-create a game etc, but they should now show up.
SnotlinG

Postby pilpovic » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:03 am

Right now it is visible on the Account-Site, yesterday it wasn't the whole time though it had yet started. I'll write again if this problem appears.
pilpovic

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 am

Ok,
I think this is a cookie/cache issue. Once a new game is started you need to do a "Log off", and then login again for it to be visible (to refresh session variables). I´ll check this with Piranha if we can change it somehow
SnotlinG

Next

Return to Game discussion