messed up

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

messed up

Postby can't login » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:27 am

first of all, sorry that i post here, but the webpage won't let me get to forums when i'm logged in, it throws
Failed loginArray ( [language] => english [id] => 92 [username] => random_abandonian [password] => *edited* (it also pissed me off that my password is being stored in $loginArray rather than my hash!) [c_login] => online [games] => 0 [email] => *edited* ) 8badce907ceca837755150c53cbd3350

so there are some anomalies that i found:
* can't get to forums when logged in (described up there)

*is it normal, that after i registered i cannot Create a new game? i just don't see the create game button, and there are no games to join, but i guess it's because this is only beta

*after logging in, when i click "start", it shows the login form once again, is this normal? or is it a bug?

*even though i completed 0 games, it shows me something in the history of completed games, exactly:
Result
loss

History
Turn 1
Sirians hero emerged
Black knights hero emerged

Comments
Piranha: Grr I thought I had this one, sneaky black knights!
Black knights: :-)
but i did not play anything?

that's all for my "bug reports"
can't login

Re: messed up

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Hello,
I´ll try to answer the questions/reports one by one :-)

1. We are currently having some few issues with logins to the forum, therefore the printed output during our work to fix it. Have you tried to hit "Log off" button, and then login again, and then click the Forum button?

2. Yes, at this stage we don´t allow anyone to create games. We are running a few controlled beta games to test the current code and gather feedback. More beta games will be started in May.

3. Yes thats expected behaviour, I´ll check with Piranha if he can change it though. You do see all buttons in the top menu still though, so you are actually still logged in.

4. The completed games you see is just hardcoded for now. Later on this will show your personal statistics etc.

Hope this clears some things up. Let me know if it helps with the forum login btw
SnotlinG

Postby i can't reply » Sun May 02, 2010 3:25 pm

captcha won't let me and i just keep trying to post now
i can't reply

Postby oh god it worked! » Sun May 02, 2010 3:27 pm

i don't know how, but maybe the captcha is displaying uppercase letters while it expect lowercase only? you should definitely remove this captcha, it took me like a month in order to successfully log in!

anyways, i just wanted to say that your login trick doesn't work, now i just keep getting error message "You are either not logged in or there is some problem with your account to access the forum. Try to clean your cookies and try again.". i tried cleaning the cookies and everything but no success :(
oh god it worked!

Postby piranha » Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 pm

The forum is supposed to be used only when logged in on your account. the registration module for the forum is turned off. Somehow a few persons have created a forum account without creating a account at the site.

If you try to open the forum when logged in and it doesn't work try to log off, clean cookies and login again and try the forum.
The problem is when you click the forum it tries to login to the forum and if your login information is incorrect it will say that your not logged in and after attempting to login a couple of times (clicking the forum) the forum changes your account to require a captcha login which doesn't work so instead you get a error text that I put there.

I will continue to work on fixing the forum. Right now I'm building a contact system so people with forum problems can contact us instead of posting as guest users.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon May 24, 2010 1:17 pm

piranha wrote:If you try to open the forum when logged in and it doesn't work try to log off, clean cookies and login again and try the forum.
but that's what i did... that's what the person before suggested. and i said that i did it

and no, it does not work. you have a bug somewhere else

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon May 24, 2010 1:17 pm.

Return to Game discussion