One turn duration

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: One turn duration

Postby piranha » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:21 am

When we started making the game we had decided that all units would have their own HP that they would carry with them after the battle so all the code to have that is in the game.

We talked some with KGB and he explained exactly how the battles work in the Warlords series we decided to go with that and try to balance it.
I think for the most part it is okay now but now and then something insane happens. Extreme luck on one side and when that happens early or in a deciding battle it makes the game boring so that is one thing I want to fix.
I will test some for beta3. I think from beta3 to beta 4 wont take as long as beta2 to beta3 so its worth testing some ideas and see if it works.

Right now there are 3 hits per real hit in our work in progress beta 3. Basically 6 hits per unit but only 2 shown on the units so it wont take forever to watch a fight.
piranha
Site Admin

Re: One turn duration

Postby Zajoman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:32 am

So we can say that every unit has 6 HP, right? That looks a bit crazy to me as the odds of a 1 strength unit winning over a 2 strength unit are nearly impossible, if both have 6 HP, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not good at math so I won't even try to calculate the exact chance, I can only say that the only thing that matters is if it works fine in the game. If it does, I never said anything. :)

As for the duration of fights, it's okay that they are quick like now (Beta 2), but I would definitely not mind if they lasted longer. You know, fights are the core of fun in this game, and I feel it would be okay for you to display all the HP for units. I mean, you don't fight that often for it to get boring. I myself enjoy the fight screen and slowing it a bit would be okay.
Zajoman

Previous

Return to Game discussion