Map editor

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Map editor

Postby Zajoman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Can anyone access the map editor and create maps, or is it at a more closed stage at the moment?
Zajoman

Re: Map editor

Postby SnotlinG » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 am

The mapeditor for beta2 is currently closed. Creating maps for beta2 is a very timeconsuming task also, which is why we only have 3 maps :-)

The Beta3 mapeditor will be open to all in some way, maybe that you can only have 1 finished map in play per player or something, this as every map draws database/diskspace resources.

Beta3 mapeditor will be much more userfriendly than the previous version, which is why it takes so long time for me to complete the mapeditor functionality :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Zajoman » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Thank you for the answer. Looking at the screen shots, I can say you're doing a great work. I'm deilghted at this project as a whole. It's really an exceptional work you guys have done so far.
Zajoman

Postby Max Warlorder » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Yeah I'd also like to jump in and say wow this game is looking good
Max Warlorder

Postby Zajoman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:11 pm

By the way, I'm really curious about what tools you're using to create this game. I remarked use of JavaScript, but what libraries, if any, what tools, if any... If it's not a secret. :)
Zajoman

Postby piranha » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:21 am

Its created in PHP and Javascript.

The game is really played in PHP on the server to prevent cheating, and javascript is used to control the game. What I mean is if you move your unit, the javascript will draw a path and then move the unit along it. But on the server side there is a check if you can make that move and if it is okayed the unit information such as coordinates will be updated in the database. On the client side javascript will draw the unit jumping forward along the path.
Since javascript is on the client it could be manipulated.

We are writing our own javascript but we are using jquery to do ajax calls and some other stuff here and there. The main part is our javascript code.
piranha
Site Admin

Return to Game discussion