How it works

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: How it works

Postby Chazar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:35 am

Finite wrote:Neutral units don't seem to apply their ambush values
KGB wrote:Yes. This allows my Barbarian to rampage through Orc/Wolfrider/Ghost neutrals with no fear of losing his life
Wow, this is quite some important information. :o

The game should really expose these kind of important rules to the player. A player should not be required to read the Forum or the Warpedia to play Warbarons. :( Knowledge of this rule is quite important, since it makes the Barbarian quite more useful in the early expansion.

Does this affect only initially neutral cities or all neutral units, i.e. those on income sites and those generated from a player surrendering in an FFA game?
Chazar

Postby jiipee » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 am

Chazar wrote:Does this affect only initially neutral cities or all neutral units, i.e. those on income sites and those generated from a player surrendering in an FFA game?

Income sites I can confirm, I'm quite sure this is all neutral units. Those poor orcs with str 8 seem puny indeed.
jiipee

Postby Finite » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 am

jiipee wrote:
Chazar wrote:Does this affect only initially neutral cities or all neutral units, i.e. those on income sites and those generated from a player surrendering in an FFA game?

Income sites I can confirm, I'm quite sure this is all neutral units. Those poor orcs with str 8 seem puny indeed.

BTW that was me... was logged in because of subbing jiipee, did not realize post would come under his name. :roll:
Finite

Postby KGB » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Chazar,

It's all neutral units. Even units that once belonged to another player who later resigned.

I agree it's important information to know because it does make the Barbarian that much better. I discovered it in the last beta version by looking through the battle results (using the 'i' icon to see the rolls). I asked about it and was told it was a design decision.

However I wouldn't count on it always being like that. Since the game is still in Beta it could be changed so that neutral units start getting their ambush rolls. So I *always* make it a habit to check neutral orcs/wolfriders/ghosts in every game to make sure it hasn't changed. In the meantime let your Barbarian rampage at will :twisted:

KGB
KGB

Postby Chazar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Hm, maybe the final game ought to display an animation for each ambush attempt, this would make the whole thread superfluous and clear up all ambushs. ;)

Anyway, I agree, KGB: I ought to check the "i" button more often again.
Chazar

Postby SnotlinG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Dont get too used to it, it will be changed in version 0.9 :twisted:
SnotlinG

Previous

Return to Game discussion