Game Suspend Feature

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Game Suspend Feature

Postby kenc80 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:17 pm

I know this has been touched on briefly before, but I think it merits a more serious discussion as Beta 3 is coming out shortly. Beta 3, the ladder games, the speed games all sound awesome. The beta 3 screenshots look badass. I'm pumped.

However, KGB and I have been talking and in a couple of games, we've had guys time out and resign which has changed the entire landscape of the game. A couple of times those were unintentional timeouts.

If I'm fighting a game over a monthlong period there is going to be a time when someone is probably not going to be able to make it to their turn in the 24 hour window that most turns are given. So maybe we could let the game creator have a suspend feature that could just suspend the game for a certain amount of time.

Or what if we had like a skip turn mode. Where say you have to miss a turn and you just don't move but your castles keep producing and your turn is just skipped until you come back and turn the feature off. Granted it wouldnt be a really good decision tactically but if its an 8 man game and the choice is that or resignation maybe someone would want that. I don't know, just trying to think outside the box here.
kenc80

Return to Game discussion