Question: Undead lore with 2 heros in stack?

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Question: Undead lore with 2 heros in stack?

Postby thebmo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:46 pm

so when i have say a deathknight and a valk in the same stack at 1L i have a total of 14 (i believe). I've used this tactic mostly on lvl 2/3 ruins, and maybe i've just been lucky but sometimes even though i beat the dice roll for a ruin, my hero dies. So I have 2 questions:

1) Does hero undead lore stack for a whole stack. Ie if i have multiple heros in my stack, do they both add to the stack's total undead lore (the UI says it does when i hover my stack)

2) Is there a small % chance of killing a hero even if you have more undead lore than the ruin does dice? (the wiki says no)

I have had my hero die multiple times when i feel they shouldnt have and am trying to get a straight answer so i can make better decisions.
thebmo

Re: Question: Undead lore with 2 heros in stack?

Postby smursh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:43 pm

No. The UL stacks with non-hero units and your strongest hero. That means with a lvl 1 DN and a lvl 1 valk the DN(Ul8) will explore the ruin. If you have 2 scouts in your stack they each have 1 UL so you will get a UL of 10 for the ruin, not 16. Note that if your first hero is killed you can explore with the second by pushing the ruin button, but this might result in two dead heroes.

As for having equal or greater UL than the ruin, you will never be killed.
smursh

Postby Moonknight » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:00 pm

If a hero has been to the UL temple, does that give the hero a +1 UL stack for another hero? I assume it does.
Moonknight

Postby LPhillips » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:16 am

The game does not pick the best/strongest hero. It picks based on some other undefined variable like fight order. You have to be very careful, or your 6UL valkeria will lead instead of your more qualified hero.
LPhillips

Postby KGB » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:32 pm

LPhillips,

I've never seen that behavior. In a game I am in I have an Assassin(7)/DK(8) in a stack with a Ghost and I searched a ruin and the DK was the hero who did it. This with the fight order having the Assassin last and the DK 2nd last. I'm pretty sure I have also done the same search in reverse and had the game select the one with the highest UL.

But you are right that it much safer to deselect heroes from the stack when entering a ruin to be 100% sure the one you want is the one who enters.

KGB
KGB

Postby Moonknight » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:39 pm

I thought it would automatically pick the best one as well, but if you have a Barbarian who is allowed more HPs, he might have a lower UL but a better chance at defeating the undead in the ruin and is not selected...

I have never tried it out b/c I've always wanted to be sure...
Moonknight

Postby SnotlinG » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 pm

The game picks the Hero with the highest UL automatically.
If it doesnt its a bug :-)
SnotlinG

Postby Moonknight » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 pm

But not necessarily the hero with the best chance of surviving (in case of the Barbarian having UL 10 & 3 HP vs. an Assassin with UL 11 & 2 HP)?
Moonknight

Postby piranha » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:01 am

Correct. The hero with highest UL is used.
piranha
Site Admin

Postby LPhillips » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 am

That's good. Having committed the error of sending the wrong hero in when a stack was sent in earlier betas, I have never done it again since. Glad my info was out of date (wrong)! Not that I'll change my careful behavior with heroes around ruins.
LPhillips

Next

Return to Game discussion