Invisibility!

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Invisibility!

Postby Omen » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Fellow Warbarons, it’s time for this wonderful ability to spread fear and disarray :D

A few initial thoughts:

1) It should be a “path” of the Assassin, something that he will need to dedicate many points on.
2) It should be countered -in a certain radius- by the Ranger, with “Detection” that will require less points than invisibility.
3) The Dread Knight could also have it. This guy needs some “push” :D

Just my two (euro)cents, feel free to shoot me down :P

Cheers 8-)
Omen

Re: Invisibility!

Postby KGB » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Omen wrote:Just my two (euro)cents, feel free to shoot me down :P

Bang! Your idea is dead :D

Players always seem to think invisibility = undetectable. It doesn't. It just means you can't be seen. Very handy for a lone character like a Thief in AD&D but not quite as useful for an army. For example it would not make you silent, so anyone anywhere near the invisible army would hear them as it's impossible for a large force to be silent. It doesn't prevent that army from leaving tracks (camps, trails in swamps/forests/hills etc) so that anyone could track and find it's location.

On the other hand a 'conceal' skill would be cool to have. Conceal would place a question mark over the army total so that it would be impossible to know how many armies were in the stack unless you scouted in combat (like how towers work). Conceal could also prevent that army from being seen unless an enemy army were within 2 squares so that it would be harder to locate (or start at range 4 for 15 points and move down to range 2 at a cost 5 of pts per square). It's an ideal Ranger skill so the Ranger could get Conceal and lose her Warding. The Paladin is the hero who really needs a boost since he tops out now at L5 so the Warding would move to the Paladin where it seems more natural.

KGB
KGB

Re: Invisibility!

Postby Omen » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm

KGB wrote:Bang! Your idea is dead :D

I knew that an expansionist like you would dislike the idea of enemy stacks crawling in his back yard :lol:

But still, I think we are on the same page here: Mystery stacks that will snoop around. It's just that I wouldn't like to see the Ranger messed up, as I think that the Assassin is the master of disguise. The Ranger should keep cancelling the Assassin in every aspect, rather than becoming one himself in contrast to his "lawfull allignment".
Omen

Return to Game discussion