Archons vs Pegasi

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Archons vs Pegasi

Postby magian » Thu May 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Am I missing something, or is the basic archon almost always worse than the pegasus? The archon is more expensive, slower, and has a higher upkeep. It does reduce certain heroes' bonuses by 6, but the pegasus boosts your strength by 5. A devil does negate the morale, and a unicorn reduces it, but an archon's bonus is useless if you aren't fighting against specific heroes.

I do (sometimes) buy grand archons, but the last time I shelled out for normal archons was many betas ago. Does anyone actually buy archon production?
Last edited by magian on Thu May 16, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magian

Re: Archons vs Pegasi

Postby KGB » Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 pm

No.

What's worse is that as hero allies the basic Archon costs 800-1000 gold per Archon. It's as expensive as a Red Dragon which is a joke. I suspect it's left over from when there was only 1 Archon and it would have been the Grand Archon you got. As it is now you should never ever take an Archon ally and one reason I've been asking for it to upgrade to the Grand Archon at turn 15.

KGB
KGB

Postby tabanli » Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 am

I agree. I think even Medusa is a much better deal.

I always take it when it comes from the ruin, gladly indeed. :D . Last thing I need is a battle in a ruin and get slain.

I often occupy the city if it trains Archon + another unit. They are good addition to my elephant stacks or Ghost-Assasin-Barbarian flying stacks.

Exrtemly rarely I train one. Maybe if there is a Leadership-Chaos combo approaching and I don't have time to train the Great Archon.
tabanli

Postby tabanli » Sun May 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Archon modification request:

Cost should go down. At most it can be 1200. 1100 or 1150 preferably.
Move must go up to 18. That way it can be used as an addition to demons stack.
Upkeep can go down as well.

Even after that, probably few people will use it.
tabanli

Return to Game discussion