Question About Away Time

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Question About Away Time

Postby tabanli » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:38 pm

"You can only have away mode active for 10 days. After that it will turn back to off. "

But the player can take another away mode right away. So what's the point? I think after starting the away mode, players shouldn't be able to take away mode for 10 more days. Or maybe if they took 5 days off, than they should be present for 5 days.
tabanli

Re: Question About Away Time

Postby Chazar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:29 am

What would be the point of such a change? The current away-mode works fine as it is:

One pays about 20 cents per game for a day's extension, so if I have my normal 6 games up, a 10 day holiday costs me about 12 euros, which is already a considerable amount. The 10 day auto-off is probably meant as a protection for a user's account credits.

Limiting the away time mode would reduce an income source for the development of this game (not a good thing), but I don't think it would bring people to book shorter holidays - at least I know that my wife would not take it too well if I would propose a shorter holiday just to be able to make my turns. :lol:

So we would see more missed turns then. Would that be a good thing?
Well, I am here to play interesting games that tickle my brain, but I am not here for gathering ladder points by free wins just because someone went to a 14+ days holiday. So I for one would rather wait for my opponent, and maybe just play another game of Warbarons against someone else meanwhile.
Chazar

Re: Question About Away Time

Postby tabanli » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Right now your opponent can stop playing for months by turning on and off the "away time" and there is nothing you can do about. The reason I brought it up is be cause it is the case in one of my games. There should be a limit to that and it shouldn't be months.
tabanli

Return to Game discussion