Benefits of Open Diplomacy Policy-NAP Agreements in FFA Game

Discuss anything related to warbarons.

Re: Benefits of Open Diplomacy Policy-NAP Agreements in FFA Game

Postby KGB » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 pm

piranha wrote:I think it's a interesting idea too.

Simplest solution would be that all FFA games have public information but not TEAM games (including 2v2v2+) and I think normal FFA is where it matters the most.

In that case FFA games can't ever be for ladder since by definition ladder games hide all those stats. This whole discussion is really for FFA ladder games since non-ladder FFA games always display all stats. So it would be confusing for players to remember that 1v1 or team games will hide stats but FFA games won't.

So the simplest solution is really no more FFA ladder games :lol:

KGB

P.S. I too have experienced what Igor has. Players ganging up simply because of who you are. It might make more sense in FFA games to NEVER show anyone's name and just refer to all sides by colors (ie White did 'X', Blue did 'Y' etc.). That will make NAP's much more interesting to negotiate when you aren't sure who the other player is :twisted:
KGB

Postby strach » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:33 pm

So my suggestion is:
(1) open stats in FFA ladder games for single players (not teams) - this is an absolute must to make FFA game worth playing,
*(2) public info about diplomacy - this is not that important and could be an on/off option.
strach

Postby mowhar » Sat May 10, 2014 5:36 pm

I wish I could chose if the ladder game has Open Diplomacy Policy or not, when creating the game
mowhar

Postby Seraad » Sat May 10, 2014 9:02 pm

I agree with KGB. There is no need to change the way FFA games works now.
The thing that makes FFA games MUCH more interesting (tnan 1vs1) is the diplomacy! Not only battle strategy. You want to know who is winning? Talk to your opponents! Persuade, make alliances, demand, plead, bluff, nogotiate, do small talk. Deduce what lays behind their words.
And... make friends :)

There is one "bug" in playing undercover. If you are stubborn enough it is no problem to find out who are the undercover generals :) I always know who I'm playing with :)

Seraad
Seraad

Previous

Return to Game discussion